One-Answer WCA Competition and Regulations Question Thread

Discussion in 'One-Answer Question Forum' started by HelpCube, May 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. DGCubes

DGCubes Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Over there
    WCA:
    2013GOOD01
    YouTube:
    DGCubes
    If your name is on the competitor list, they'll generally ask for your name and check it off their list as you come in. I've never had to bring a receipt or anything.

2. How about guests? Do they say "I'm with (name here)"? Or do they have to pay? Seems pretty unfair if they have to.

3. Scruggsy13

Scruggsy13 Member

Dec 28, 2014
    United States
    WCA:
    2014SCRU01
    This is usually dependent on the venue, but for most smaller-scale competitions guests don't have to pay.

4. BCcubes

BCcubes Member

Sep 14, 2017
    I've never been to a comp before, but I might go to Wildcat Holiday 2017.
    I'm not really sure what to expect. Can anyone who has been to few comps tell me what I should expect?

5. This video is a great starting video

Its what I used for my first comp...
    anyway, you should get a group/heat number via email or at the competition. When that group number is called, you place your cube on your scorecard and wait in the competitor waiting area (ask someone where it is if you can't find it) After that you will be called and you solve... You then sign, go back to the competitor waiting area wait to be called to solve again. After your 5th solve you take your cube and go socialize more :p

6. If it's your first comp you should probably bring some sort of id as well.