• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

Noobie here - please be gentle ;)

I've followed the Beginner's method (like
) and finish with R' D' R D and get every square lined up except one final
corner. See below. If I repeat this or regardless what I do from this, I mess up what I have done. I've now done it 100 times and can't complete. I've tried other Beginners methods and still can't complete, as it falls over on last step. (No-one has switched stickers!)

Can anyone advise how I fix this? Thanks.

1c1.jpg
R D' R U r M E x y' r' M l y' B...

I'm joking, you got a corner twist, and the only way to solve it is too twist it back- I presume you have an aolong???

KenUK

You just hold the corner and twist it- if you really can't do that then you can pull the corner out and put it back in

Ah .. excellent! I see what you mean now .. physically twist it (as opposed to some algorithm to twist it).

Looks like I accidentally had (physically) twisted the corner at some stage during my trials and it was never going to work then. Works fine now I've corrected it! Thanks!:)

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
yo I remember seeing a place on the WCA website where all the NRs for an event were stacked up against each other, but I can't find it anymore. does anyone know where this is?

WondrousMoose

I finally bought a Square-1 and have been looking at algorithms online, but I keep running into these abbreviations. What do they stand for, and what do they mean?

Eppley12

WCA
2014EPPL01
Adjust up face or adjust down face.
Let's say you do your parity algorithm to solve the last layer, but the top layer is one 90° turn away from being solved. This is considered an AUF.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

WCA
2017DEDI01
Some help please,I have always read that CFOP has an average movecount of ~56 moves .But as far my experience be concerned, It usually takes me around ~75 moves,using intuitive F2L and 4LLL.
Can someone suggest the real average movecount of CFOP with 4LLL?
Please?????

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Some help please,I have always read that CFOP has an average movecount of ~56 moves .But as far my experience be concerned, It usually takes me around ~75 moves,using intuitive F2L and 4LLL.
Can someone suggest the real average movecount of CFOP with 4LLL?
Please?????
Probably the wrong place to put this.

If you do CFOP with almost perfectly efficient cross and F2L with 2LLL, the average movecount will usually be somewhere from 55-60 moves.

However, as I don't think your F2L or cross wold be quite so efficient, it would be reasonable to say that your movecounts with 4lll would be somewhere around 60-85 depending on the number of skips and lucky cases.

Douf

Can someone please help me with CStimer? I am trying to find a list of my total solves, or global average, etc.. but I only seem to be able to look at one session at a time. Is there no list involving all my solves ever?
Thank you in advance.

Also, I have NanoTimer Pro on my android device. Apparently I can use an .apk file to covert it over to be able to use it on my laptop. I've followed a couple of instructional pages online to do this, but to no avail.
Can anyone point me to the correct steps to do this? I use Google Chrome.

I realize this is two questions, sorry, and thank you!

Daniel Haro

Hi, recently I've been looking up better algs for oll and I've found some the have "I" or "i" in them, i found that its finger trick notación but how do you execute them p? Or is it something different? Or am I just completely of track?
Here's and example:
l' U' L' U R U' L U

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's a lowercase L, and it means to turn the middle layer with the L layer, if you see Lw that's the same thing, and you will also see it for other the other sides like r, u, etc.

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, recently I've been looking up better algs for oll and I've found some the have "I" or "i" in them, i found that its finger trick notación but how do you execute them p? Or is it something different? Or am I just completely of track?
Here's and example:
l' U' L' U R U' L U

sometimes, on old tutorials with people who don't use standard notation, " Ri " will mean Right - inverted, which is the same thing as R' (R prime)

WCA
2017DEDI01
Probably the wrong place to put this.

If you do CFOP with almost perfectly efficient cross and F2L with 2LLL, the average movecount will usually be somewhere from 55-60 moves.

However, as I don't think your F2L or cross wold be quite so efficient, it would be reasonable to say that your movecounts with 4lll would be somewhere around 60-85 depending on the number of skips and lucky cases.
My cross takes average moves of ~10,while f2l takes around ~30-32moves.I know complete 2 look OLL and 14 plls but I normally don't use R perms in solves.
Can anyone suggest now if I'm still making a mistake thus raising the movecount to ~75 moves or it is normal??????

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
My cross takes average moves of ~10,while f2l takes around ~30-32moves.I know complete 2 look OLL and 14 plls but I normally don't use R perms in solves.
Can anyone suggest now if I'm still making a mistake thus raising the movecount to ~75 moves or it is normal??????
It's normal. I can't remember the exact numbers, but you can save something like 18 moves by learning full 2LLL (that is all 57 OLLs + 21 PLLs). That will get you to 55-60 moves, which is perfectly normal.