• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Lube Thread

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What brand cube is it? Generally you can take the cube apart and wash the pieces off with water, let them dry, and reassemble the cube, but if the plastic has worn away or gotten stuck together this might be difficult. In the future, I'd recommend sticking to only cube lubricants (you can find them at any online cube store), and/or Traxxas 50K differential oil.

dennismv

It is a Rubik's branded cube, but with Facebook logos on the blue side.
I was able to pry apart the cubies. They appear rough however, it seems that lubricant has interacted with the plastic or left some sort of a hard residue. I'm not sure water alone will help but I'll try & see what happens.

aNub

Which lube should I get for my gans 356 air and where should I buy it from? I would like to order it from UK just because I'll probably buy a timer at the same time, and I don't want to pay extra money for customs.

Danyon Ebert

Which lube should I get for my gans 356 air and where should I buy it from? I would like to order it from UK just because I'll probably buy a timer at the same time, and I don't want to pay extra money for customs.

I am getting a gan air in a little I ordered some dnm-37 from thecubicle.us but I don’t think they ship outside the USA and some nebula lube from speedcubeshop.com again don’t know if they ship outside U.S but if they do I would suggest trying this combo because nebula makes it more stable and I hear that gan cubes are fast so the nebula will make it more controllable I however would not suggest lubeing a GAN Cube with lube that makes cube faster hope this helped you make a decision

aNub

Is speedlube 1k, 2k, 5k, green velvet etc good?

Does anyone know if "Speedlube" 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k or 5k would be good for Gans 356 Air or Valk 3?

Last edited by a moderator:

Killbox

I have a Thunderclap that I bought like a month and a half ago. It's a great cube and has sped up my times as well.
I use differential oil to lube my cubes. It's worked great for my Aolong v2 and my Weilong. I applied it once a month, or once in 3 weeks. But somehow, with the Thunderclap, I have to relube it every 2nd week or something. What is the issue here?

moneybomb3605

Does this work? It doesn’t seem like it would last a long time but Phil said he did on the Cubicle Gan Air SM review.

Dude Blu

I just bought a cubicle labs mf3rs2 m...the cube is pretty good out of the box ....and i do know the lube is gonna go out in while....is it okay to not lube??will it slow down the cube too much??

Duncan Bannon

I just bought a cubicle labs mf3rs2 m...the cube is pretty good out of the box ....and i do know the lube is gonna go out in while....is it okay to not lube??will it slow down the cube too much??

They normally they come overlubed ( That's not a bad thing). I would use it a little longer than then add lube to it.

Borche

Can I get some help about "Z-Lube" How often should I lube my cube with it, is it good?

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01

Destiny

I would for sure get Traxxas lube. I purchased a large bottle of the 50 weight when I stared cubing (which was around two years ago), and I still have half a bottle left, and that includes using it on almost all of my cubes. Point is, it lasts forever and I really enjoy the feel in the cubes.

How big is the bottle?

Destiny

Is there any optimal method for lubing your cubes?
I currently disassemble the cube, clean it (if I haven't in a month or two) then lube the core by adding 1 drop to the underside of the core piece, then apply lube to each surface (except the stickers) then reassemble. Is this a good method for lubing or what am I doing wrong?