• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jared Dyck

I really want to add magnets to my Gan 356 Air and I think I want n35 4x2mm, has anyone tried this combination and what was the feeling, I also read in the comments of a YouTube video that n35 in the Air was actually too strong, is that true?

js5752

I really want to add magnets to my Gan 356 Air and I think I want n35 4x2mm, has anyone tried this combination and what was the feeling, I also read in the comments of a YouTube video that n35 in the Air was actually too strong, is that true?

I'm actually doing that same build myself as soon as the magnets arrive (hopefully this week). DMCubing has some posts in the magnet thread over in hardware, and talks about what strength to use. He also has a youtube video of building an Air with magnets. His method for placement was pretty much what I was thinking before I found the build threads. It looks pretty easy over all.

4x2 n35 is what seems to be a general consensus on magnetizing the Air. Stronger magnets would be preferred for cubes with thicker plastic like the GTS.

Good luck.
-Jeff

Jared Dyck

I'm actually doing that same build myself as soon as the magnets arrive (hopefully this week). DMCubing has some posts in the magnet thread over in hardware, and talks about what strength to use. He also has a youtube video of building an Air with magnets. His method for placement was pretty much what I was thinking before I found the build threads. It looks pretty easy over all.

4x2 n35 is what seems to be a general consensus on magnetizing the Air. Stronger magnets would be preferred for cubes with thicker plastic like the GTS.

Good luck.
-Jeff

Thanks for the reply! Good luck with your build!

P14082003

Hello guys! I have a question that I hope some of you could answer.

I recently bought a Shengshou 6x6 cube and it suddenly fell apart while i was solving it. Without moving, I picked up every loose piece I saw, and then I dissasembled the whole puzzle so I could assemble it again.
After organizing every piece, I found out that it only had 23 small internal pieces (the ones that go nearer the core) and I'm not sure if it fell somewhere out of my sight, or if it's in purpose (maybe for easy assembling?)

So: Am I missing a piece, or is it meant to be 23?

Thanks in advance for any future replies.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I recently bought a Shengshou 6x6 cube and it suddenly fell apart while i was solving it. Without moving, I picked up every loose piece I saw, and then I dissasembled the whole puzzle so I could assemble it again.
After organizing every piece, I found out that it only had 23 small internal pieces (the ones that go nearer the core) and I'm not sure if it fell somewhere out of my sight, or if it's in purpose (maybe for easy assembling?)

There should be 24. It can function with 23, but it will be more unstable.

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

https://thecubicle.us/replacement-parts-p-4146.html

SolveThatCube

WCA
2014ADCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I broke a piece on my QiYi WuJi and it's going to cost me a f***ing fortune to get a replacement from TheCubicle.

Does anyone know of any other cube store that sells replacement parts?

I've already contacted SCS but I doubt it's going to be much cheaper.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I broke a piece on my QiYi WuJi and it's going to cost me a f***ing fortune to get a replacement from TheCubicle.

Does anyone know of any other cube store that sells replacement parts?

I've already contacted SCS but I doubt it's going to be much cheaper.
Haha it's like $25 USD shipping here, probably similar for you

ManyReason

Hey cubers,
It's ManyReason and I was interested in ordering the Moyu Weilong GTS 2M (Version 2 of GTS, magnetic version). This is going to be my first magnetic cube but I have a question while I was ordering. I was thinking about ordering on lightake as it's cheaper, however it is titled "
YJ8254 MoYu WeiLong GTS 2M 3x3x3 Magic Cube Puzzle Toy - Black". Here's the link of the cube:
http://www.lightake.com/p/YJ8254-Mo...le-Toy-Black_MU2205563.html?sku=2205013&wid=2
My question is that is this cube a YJ cube or Moyu cube? I know the cubicle has the moyu version of this but what about lightake? And what is the difference between moyu and YJ? Is this cube from lightake the same cube from thecubicle, but a different price? Please reply asap.
Thanks guys

VenomCubing

WCA
2017MORT01
I need to remove really tough sticker residue from a cube. I don't have GooGone, or anything like it. Any ideas on removing the gunk? I already have the pieces soaking in water (sans centers, as it is a rubik's brand.) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

VenomCubing

WCA
2017MORT01
Hey cubers,
It's ManyReason and I was interested in ordering the Moyu Weilong GTS 2M (Version 2 of GTS, magnetic version). This is going to be my first magnetic cube but I have a question while I was ordering. I was thinking about ordering on lightake as it's cheaper, however it is titled "
YJ8254 MoYu WeiLong GTS 2M 3x3x3 Magic Cube Puzzle Toy - Black". Here's the link of the cube:
http://www.lightake.com/p/YJ8254-Mo...le-Toy-Black_MU2205563.html?sku=2205013&wid=2
My question is that is this cube a YJ cube or Moyu cube? I know the cubicle has the moyu version of this but what about lightake? And what is the difference between moyu and YJ? Is this cube from lightake the same cube from thecubicle, but a different price? Please reply asap.
Thanks guys

This is the same thing you would get from the cubicle, just cheaper. to answer your other question, YJ and Moyu are the same company.

ManyReason

VenomCubing,
Thanks for your reply. I might have an answer for your sticker problem. JRCubing has a video on replacing stickers. He suggested some kind of tool to remove the residue and some soap and water would help.

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is the same thing you would get from the cubicle, just cheaper. to answer your other question, YJ and Moyu are the same company.

WD-40 (gasp) works wonders to remove sticker residue *if* sprayed on to a paper towel before using, then rub vigourously. Do not spray directly onto the cube, and after removing residue on each face, wipe off the face with a damp cloth to remove remaining WD-40. Long term exposure of WD-40 to the internals can cause minor damage to a cube, but nothing works better to clean up the faces.