1. Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!
    Dismiss Notice

One-Answer Clock Question Thread

Discussion in 'One-Answer Question Forum' started by Sina Salehpour, Oct 27, 2012.

1. TDM

TDM Super Moderator Staff Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Oxfordshire, UK
    WCA:
    2013MEND03
    YouTube:
    TDM028
    Thanks, your website is really helpful!

Yeah, it's quite easy to inspect for this method in 15 seconds even after just a day or two of practice (and less than a week of clock solving). But, it's not as good as bob's method (I have more D moves and an inefficient pin order). So although my method is simple for a beginner, you probably won't find it fast.

2. hamfaceman

hamfaceman Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia
    WCA:
    2015MONC01
    Quick question about WCA scrambling notation; let's say I got UR DR UL at the end of the scramble, are those pins put up or down? The regulation make no allusion to this at all.

3. 1973486

1973486 Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Up. It's annoying since you finish the scramble with all pins up.

hamfaceman likes this.
  4. hamfaceman

hamfaceman Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Melbourne, Australia
    WCA:
    2015MONC01
    Cool, thanks.

5. Brayden Gilland

Brayden Gilland Member

Sep 14, 2017
    Michigan
    WCA:
    2017GILL04
    YouTube:
    L1T_Cubing
    Can you get a +2 on Clock or is it an automatic DNF

6. Ronxu

Ronxu Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Kirkkonummi, Finland
    WCA:
    2010RONK01
    YouTube:
    Rubikscuber96
    DNF

7. T1_M0

T1_M0 Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Finland
    WCA:
    2017NORR01
    YouTube:
    Ilopilleri00
    Imagine a world where you could get a +2 on clock. Dunno if it would be good or bad...

Underwatercuber likes this.
  8. I just snapped off a piece of my clock's casing while trying to open it. My clock is illegal now.
    1. Can I just ditch the outer clear case and submit my clock without it, assuming I've secured the inserts ect. ?
    2. Or could I cut/snap off near-identically shaped pieces from mirrored section of the case to make the damage alternate design not permit the orientation known?

9. I have had that happen before as well (the case breaking) I would suggest getting a new clock and being extremely careful with its case while taking it off and use that case on your clock. You can use the new clock for spare parts.

10. So I got a lingao clock and learnt how to solve it and got my time down to about one minute but now the pins had started dropping when I don't want them to, is there anything I can do to fix that?

CornerCutter likes this.
  11. Ronxu

Ronxu Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Kirkkonummi, Finland
    WCA:
    2010RONK01
    YouTube:
    Rubikscuber96
  12. T1_M0

T1_M0 Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Finland
    WCA:
    2017NORR01
    YouTube:
    Ilopilleri00
    Yeah, the lingao pins get very loose. You can try bending the metal rods inside the pins, but really, magnets are the best.

13. Is there a tutorial on how to magnetise it? I'm scared to take it apart without instructions.

14. Believe it or not @Ronxu has provided us with a tutorial, just keep in mind for the future before asking “is there a tutorial for X” you can google it :p

TDM and Mastermind2368 like this.
  15. Hey, I had the same question! I will do the same.:)

16. Duncan Bannon

Duncan Bannon Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Here
    A few questions.

Rubiks vs Lingao?
    What method (to get sub 18 ish)
    How hard is it to get sub 18?

Thanks in advance.

17. Lingao or Rubik’s or lingao with Rubik’s pins. Make sure you set it up since that makes a huge difference. Magnetic is better (magnetize using Nikos tutorial)
    Begginers method is the most advanced method (all word records have been set with it I think)
    Not hard to get sub 18, just solve a ton. I got to sub 12 within about two weeks of getting a clock.

With all the things I just have you advise for I now average high 6 so that’s all you need really :)

18. Duncan Bannon

Duncan Bannon Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Here
    If I magnetize a Lingao do I need to get Rubik's Pins? Thanks for the info! Ill plan on joining the race thread once I get a clock. My SR is only about 20 seconds.

19. I would encourage buying both a lingao and Rubik’s and magnetize then both with the same magnetic polarities. Try out the lingao and Rubik’s and see which you like more on its own, then disassemble them and put the Rubik’s pins in the lingao and see if you like it more than the lingao or Rubik’s.

20. Duncan Bannon

Duncan Bannon Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Here
    @Underwatercuber I tried to PM you but it said I couldn't. So ill ask here. Ill buy the Lingao from the cubicle. But the Rubiks clock from ebay. Should I get this or this? Also I plan to get 13x2 N52 with 8mm gap and 5x1 n35 magnets.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kids-Child...632090?hash=item56a680951a:g:1EkAAOSwGzhaKXZE

or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Lo...764803?hash=item2855002583:g:Zw0AAOSwTPRaou0w

Edit- Should I use silicon spray to lube it? Or like Weight 5? The video you posted on this thread #34 used spray.