1. Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!
    Dismiss Notice

One-Answer 3x3x3 Speedsolving Question Thread

Discussion in 'One-Answer Question Forum' started by teller, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Tom Joad

Tom Joad Member

Jun 29, 2016
    What’s the f2l insert where the edge is in place and you can stick in the corner with a d and a d’ if you have an empty slot to play with?

Trying to sort my f2l out here, it’s going to be a real slog breaking out of my comfort zone.

2. Tom Joad

Tom Joad Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Ignore this, I worked it out

3. Lapis

Lapis Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Is there an alg that solves this case nicely, or should I just do ZBLL (which is pretty short for this case once you insert)?
    Set Up: R2 D' r U2 r' D R U2 R U2 R U R'

4. CLL Smooth

CLL Smooth Member

Dec 17, 2012
    WCA:
    2012LOET01
    YouTube:
    channel/UCKX4VUjMV0bnQWTj_v5vIOQ
    Insert plus easy ZBLL solves everything really nicely. You could also do the WV alg to a Jperm if you like that better.

5. ZZeroingZZemdegs

ZZeroingZZemdegs Member

Jan 9, 2018
    How do I plan EOLine quickly and consistently in 15 seconds, and how can I practice? Currently, EOLine for me is extremely inconsistent, ranging from 2-20 seconds to solve.

6. How long have you been using ZZ?
    Really, EOLine is pretty easy after a bunch of practice. Also, after you feel comfortable with EOLine, if you do, don't put you fingers on the bad/good edges. It gets in the way.
    Also, have a set way of recognizing edges. For instance, I always start a y2 away from my solving position, check all the edges on Back (but currently F), y2.5 seeing edges on Left, Front, and then Right, then y.5'. Usually takes me about 2 seconds. 3 more for off the bat Line, and usually more to see if I can do anything extra nice like preserving a pair or just predicting one.
    That's how it works for me.

Experiment, see what works best for you. Then do 1k solves, and you should be good. It's a process.