One-Answer 3x3x3 Speedsolving Question Thread

Discussion in 'One-Answer Question Forum' started by teller, Jan 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. ypermcuber

ypermcuber Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Does anybody have a good system to recognize TTLLs in ZZ-CT?

2. Aerma

Aerma Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Right here
    Where can I find the best algorithms for full edge control during LS?

3. JustAnotherGenericCuber

JustAnotherGenericCuber Member

Apr 19, 2017
    United States
    WCA:
    2017OSTD02
    EOLS?

4. Aerma

Aerma Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Right here
    yep

5. Jtcubing

Jtcubing Member

Apr 27, 2017
    YouTube:
    JT Cubing
    how can i work on mermorizing oll and having better look ahead

6. TDM

TDM Super Moderator

Mar 7, 2013
    Oxfordshire, UK
    WCA:
    2013MEND03
    YouTube:
    TDM028
    For memorising OLL, learn 1-2 per day. There are two things you can do which help: firstly, you can break the algorithm down into "triggers", i.e. common, short sequences of moves, for example R U R' U' or R' F R F'. Secondly, most algorithms involve taking out the FR pair and then moving it around before inserting it again. Some people find it helpful to track where the pair goes. Most people use a combination of these two methods to memorise any algorithms, and these techniques definitely work well for OLL.

There are plenty of resources on looking ahead which you'd be able to find with a quick search, but generally, if you're new to looking ahead, the best thing to do is to turn very slowly, so that you don't need to pause at all. Now this may mean turning at less than 1 TPS, but what's important is that you don't pause. You'll gradually be able to build up your turning speed until your times return to normal.

7. big_moe5

big_moe5 Member

Jul 24, 2016
    What was the best 3x3 speedcube from 2010 (Making a youtube video (I'll give credit))?

8. Obviously debatable, but if you just need one example, I'd go with Dayan Guhong

9. big_moe5

big_moe5 Member

Jul 24, 2016
    What is a "fullstep"

10. JustAnotherGenericCuber

JustAnotherGenericCuber Member

Apr 19, 2017
    United States
    WCA:
    2017OSTD02
    No skipped steps

11. A solve where there were no skips of any kind. So in CFOP a solve is fullstep if you have to solve the cross, all four F2L pairs, OLL, and PLL, and get skips on none of it.

12. GerOsty

GerOsty Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I have a question. Does the Cubicle SM come with all the stuff the SM has in its original packaging?

13. TestingPhysics

TestingPhysics Member

Oct 11, 2017
    So I just switched to using F2L along with the beginners method, (which is all I know), and my time dramatically increased. From a 50.01 pb, to 1:40s pb, averaging 2:15s with F2L. Is this normal? I’ve only been using it for about a week, and i’ve only been able to solve a cube at all for about a year. Thoughts?

14. Zerksies

Zerksies Member

Jul 6, 2017
    New Jersey
    Yes you will slow down at first with every new method, but in the end F2L is way faster