• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
One of those links is beginner and I think Jaap's page is non-human. And Heise's page doesn't contain nearly all the algorithms, there's over a hundred.
The "hundreds of algorithms" version is one where each of the steps has algorithms for each case so it is almost the same as the computer version but it is not able to cancel moves or use IDA and stuff.

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
The "hundreds of algorithms" version is one where each of the steps has algorithms for each case so it is almost the same as the computer version but it is not able to cancel moves or use IDA and stuff.
Thanks, that's really informative. I also really wanna use SSC but I'm just a newbie CFOP user who has a lot of trouble learning new methods lol, Human Thistlethwaite is the first method that makes sense to me besides CFOP. TLDR: No clue how to start SSC which is why I'm looking into AHT

Tom Joad

So if a cuber is willing to sledgehammer his last f2l pair in when necessary, then he can eliminate the need to learn certain oll algorithms?

So is it better to:

a) learn to quickly recognise these cases and always sledgehammer to avoid dot case olls.
b) just learn full oll and put the last f2l pair in as quickly as possible irrespective of the oll which will follow

or c) learn both a and b and when to do which one judging each case on its merits.

If the answer is c, please elaborate. Also, please support any replies with description of what you taught yourself and in which order.

Cheers in advance from an intermediate speedcuber

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
So if a cuber is willing to sledgehammer his last f2l pair in when necessary, then he can eliminate the need to learn certain oll algorithms?

So is it better to:

a) learn to quickly recognise these cases and always sledgehammer to avoid dot case olls.
b) just learn full oll and put the last f2l pair in as quickly as possible irrespective of the oll which will follow

or c) learn both a and b and when to do which one judging each case on its merits.

If the answer is c, please elaborate. Also, please support any replies with description of what you taught yourself and in which order.

In general, you should learn all OLL algs if you plan to do CFOP but doing partial Eo in last pair can also be very useful and probably should be done if you can recognise it without pausing but you should still have OLL to fall back on if you don't

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

So is it better to:

The issue with this is whenever the corner and edge are pair AND inserted at the same time. Eo would turn a 3 mover into 8 moves. This is why knowing those algs is good.

Eugenis

Suppose a reconstruction starts y2 z for instance (orange cross). But suppose I want a solution on white cross. Would I just do any random orientation with white on bottom, then z' y2, then scramble, and then that should give me a solution on white cross (of course, with the rotation y2 z included)?

Last edited:

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Suppose a reconstruction starts y2 z for instance (orange cross). But suppose I want a solution on white cross. Would I just do any random orientation with white on bottom, then z' y2, then scramble, and then that should give me a solution on white cross (of course, with the rotation y2 z included)?
Apply the scramble with white where orange would normally be, so on the left face.

Nezithe7

This might not be too related, but it's about cleaning my 3x3x3 cube
So, quite awhile back, I spilt a drink onto my cube and the drink went into the cube (around the core)
That resulted in a white powder forming all around the inside of the cube
So to clean it, I was thinking I could dismantle the cube and take the cubes that make up the cube apart and soak them in water. (leaving out the core) Then letting it dry then reassembling the cube.
I know that this will definitely clean out all the white powder. But will this make my stickers peel?
The cube is a YJ Yulong if that helps.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
This might not be too related, but it's about cleaning my 3x3x3 cube
So, quite awhile back, I spilt a drink onto my cube and the drink went into the cube (around the core)
That resulted in a white powder forming all around the inside of the cube
So to clean it, I was thinking I could dismantle the cube and take the cubes that make up the cube apart and soak them in water. (leaving out the core) Then letting it dry then reassembling the cube.
I know that this will definitely clean out all the white powder. But will this make my stickers peel?
The cube is a YJ Yulong if that helps.
I've done this with my cubes before and they haven't had their stickers peel noticeably- that said, my cubes tend to be quite battered anyway and they are pretty good quality stickers as well.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
How do you fingertrick this?
I would do
R normal right hand
U' left hand index flick
R normal again but no regrip after either of the Rs
U push LBU sticker with left index (like in OH)
B Right hand flick like you're doing a U move
U' Normal left hand flick like above
B' Push RDB with right index
R2 Essentially R2' in the normal way

I would do that because it's regripless

Tom Joad

Is any particular zbll subset easier to learn than the others?

If a cuber was to learn just one zbll subset, which one should they choose and why?