• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Older cubers discussions

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
@newtonbase:. Yes that's how I practise. Lots of 4 cube attempts to work on speed. Then occasional big attempts to stretch my memo. If you're shooting for 8 or 12 next comp you want to have done that many at home a few times to feel comfortable with that amount of memo. If you're struggling to fit it into the hour, go back to the 4 cube attempts to work on speed. I also rotate my 4 cube attempts through all my rooms so they all get equal use and stay familiar.
Thanks. Yes, I am planning to rotate rooms. I still have the attempt from Saturday stuck in my regular rooms. Pretty sure I could get at least the same result with those same cubes in front of me now. I need to overwrite it.
A throbbing Che Guevara loves David Hasselhoff's gassy moustache.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I don't usually post PBs here, but this one got me pretty excited: 3:54.70 6x6 single, beat the previous best by 28.99 seconds, and could theoretically have been better if I'd been lucky enough to not get OLL parity.Sub-4 6x6.jpg
That is the scramble I used, though to be honest I don't even remember for sure what center I solved first, so I don't suppose it matters much.

Edit: followed that up today with getting my rolling 3x3 Ao100 under 30 seconds for the first time: 29.94. Ao50 is at 28.82.

Last edited:

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks. Yes, I am planning to rotate rooms. I still have the attempt from Saturday stuck in my regular rooms. Pretty sure I could get at least the same result with those same cubes in front of me now. I need to overwrite it.
A throbbing Che Guevara loves David Hasselhoff's gassy moustache.
What's your orientation? I wonder if I can recognise which cube that was :)

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
After a few days of regular practice sessions again I'm on the brink of another breakthrough. Still a lot of sup-30s due to ongoing adjustments but my fastest solves are on the move again. I hit a spell last night with a dozen solves where half were sub 25, the other half 28-32... nothing in the 25-27 range at all. And with more sub 24-25 solves I'm reaching the point where I'll expect at least one sub 20 in a decent session of 50-100 solves. Got another high 19 last night along with a pile of 20s and 21s. Most of that is from F2L adjustments that are solidifying, my final full OLL push still has a way to go but continues to slowly and steadily get better as well.

openseas

WCA
2015PARK24
Unfortunately I'm not competing before February so @openseas probably has that one in the bag. Might be ya race to sub 1:30 by then. The first solve on Saturday was a 1:40ish DNF. Should have had it.

Haha, what an honorable race!

My next comp is Dec - skillcon 2017. I'll be tied up with some transitions, not much of 3BLD practice. Could have gotten sub 1:50 last time if I did not flipped already perfectly solved cube :-(.

I'm determined to organize more comps in DFW area next year so that Jason can compete without much of travel :)

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
WCA. I'll be impressed if you get it.

1/4 in 24ish today. I started a spreadsheet to track progress but as usual I forgot to note my memo time. Managed the full range of errors, memo, execution and recall.
I can't now recall any of the memo from Saturday. It's totally gone except for the two pairs I swapped in error (LP OS) since I thought about those so much :)

Smashed my PB for 4/4 today - 7:16 :)

Jason Green

WCA
2016GREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't usually post PBs here, but this one got me pretty excited: 3:54.70 6x6 single, beat the previous best by 28.99 seconds, and could theoretically have been better if I'd been lucky enough to not get OLL parity.View attachment 8673
That is the scramble I used, though to be honest I don't even remember for sure what center I solved first, so I don't suppose it matters much.

Edit: followed that up today with getting my rolling 3x3 Ao100 under 30 seconds for the first time: 29.94. Ao50 is at 28.82.
Nice job on 6x6. I still average like 3:30 on 5x5. :)

I'm determined to organize more comps in DFW area next year so that Jason can compete without much of travel :)
That would be great, thanks!!

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well apparently since Windows Movie Maker has gone out of Microsoft support they have removed the download. Not sure if anyone has a download of it for Windows 10 lying around? I have had to try a few other options and settled on Lightworks which seems to do the job without too much of a steep learning curve.

So with some delay by first Weston-super-Mare Open video. 5x5 Round 1:-

Average: 1:58.50
2:01.07, (2:01.89), 2:00.17, (1:53.91), 1:54.26

Off the pace with the first three solves but the last two were judged by @Shaky Hands , enough said ;)

PS: Need to get out of the habit of glancing at the timer. I did it on far too many solves this comp.