• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Northern Neck Winter 2018

For anyone at the comp, how was it, did you meet your goals, get any PBs, etc?
Also be sure to check out this competition video

Reactions: Dom

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I was growing up, Colonial Beach had a big advantage in Northern Neck high school basketball. Their school at the time was so tiny that they didn't have enough room in their gym for a full-size basketball court. So they had two midcourt lines; the one that counted was the one that allowed the frontcourt at the moment to be regulation-sized. So when opposing teams came to play and ran practiced fast break plays, they'd often run right past the end of the court out of habit. It was sometimes pretty hilarious.

I gather they've gotten a better school since then. The original school burned down recently, but it seems that perhaps they managed to save the gym? I found this article on it.

I grew up in King George, which is an even more nowhere place just to the west of Colonial Beach. :)

I never thought I'd live to see the day when a cubing competition was held in the Northern Neck. I really regret that I couldn't have been there to support it.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
For anyone at the comp, how was it, did you meet your goals, get any PBs, etc?
Also be sure to check out this competition video
Hey KingDolphin123,

I (for obvious reasons living way to far away) did not attend the competition, but I enjoyed watching your video. Great job on it.

Reactions: Dom