• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Noob looking for help - just getting started in puzzle creation

BirdPuzzles

WCA
2017SELF01
Hello, all!

This is my very first post on this website. I have been into cubing for about a year now, and I have decided to try and get into puzzle creation. I was inspired by correnpuzzle's 22x22 because it showed me what could be created with a consumer-grade 3D printer. Don't worry, I am not posting because I want to create a 23x23 or something, lol. Every tutorial I have seen talks about SolidWorks, and how you will have to buy it to start this hobby. But I do not have money xD. I was wondering if any of you had ever heard of someone using blender?? That is free and it would be awesome if I could Just use that for the initial design of my puzzles. The first thing I will try and do is 3D print and design a 3x3 - starting simple. I will go up from there.

Anyway, thx for your time and sorry if this is boring xD. I honestly don't know where to start.

BirdPuzzle

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I've never tried designing a puzzle, but for 3D design I've used Rhino3D a little. Last I checked the full version was ridiculously expensive, but the free (demo) version had almost full functionality and was pretty intuitive to use. I've never heard of blender, but then I'm a dairy farmer, not an engineer.

BirdPuzzles

WCA
2017SELF01
I've never tried designing a puzzle, but for 3D design I've used Rhino3D a little. Last I checked the full version was ridiculously expensive, but the free (demo) version had almost full functionality and was pretty intuitive to use. I've never heard of blender, but then I'm a dairy farmer, not an engineer.
Thanks, I will check Rhino3D out!