1. Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!
    Dismiss Notice

[Member Intro] New member, old cuber

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by evilquoll, Apr 16, 2018 at 2:00 PM.

1. evilquoll

evilquoll Member

Apr 5, 2018
    My name is Robert Baker; my username is one of the standard gag usernames, that of prefixing "evil-" to something small, cute and fluffy. The quoll, in case you're wondering, is a marsupial (cousin to the Tasmanian devil) which looks like a large rat with polka dots.

My avatar illustrates a colour scheme I devised in reaction to the Rubik's Brand controversy; I felt it was time to break away from the Rubik's scheme which is almost universally used, so I devised one called "Primary" in which the additive primaries (red, green and blue) are clockwise around one corner, and each has the corresponding subtractive primary on the opposite side (cyan opposite red, magenta opposite green, yellow opposite blue). Anyone (including manufacturers) who wants to use this scheme is welcome; you can find it on The Cubicle under User232634.

As for me, I discovered the Cube in Spring 1981, and remember the sense of achievement when I first became sub-40 — minutes, that is. I eventually managed to get my time under 30 seconds; however, that was over 35 years ago and I'm now just content to be able to solve the cube. (I haven't timed myself, but I think I'm still sub 2 minutes.)

Looking forward to being on this community.

2. TomasH

TomasH Member

Jan 2, 2018
    Welcome to the community Robert! I think you picked up the cube a year or two before I did! :)

evilquoll likes this.
  3. FireCuber

FireCuber Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Cubing at my desk USA.
    YouTube:
    channel/UCPGidmc
    Welcome to the Forums!! It is great to have you here!! :)

evilquoll likes this.
  4. Duncan Bannon

Duncan Bannon Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Here
    Welcome to Speedsolving Forums!

evilquoll likes this.
  5. newtonbase

newtonbase Premium Member

Jan 4, 2014
    MK, UK
    WCA:
    2015ADAM03
    YouTube:
    newtonbase
    Welcome. Please pop along to the Older Cubers Discussion thread and say Hi.

evilquoll likes this.