(New Editing Style) Top 5 Official 3x3 One Handed Solves + Reactions

Discussion in 'Other Cubing-Related Videos' started by CubingHighlights, Nov 11, 2017.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. CubingHighlights

CubingHighlights Member

Jul 6, 2017
    YouTube:
    UCAdLxddO4pNkYVz--9fv07w
    Hey! This is a little bit of a different editing style to what I usually do so feedback is appreciated!

2. FastCubeMaster

FastCubeMaster Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    WCA:
    2015PEAR02
    YouTube:
    FastCubeMaster
    "+ reactions" Of course there's going to be reactions..??

Also you could probably find a way around having 2/5 of the solves missing. It just feels like there's a hole in the video. (E.g. Top 5 solves on camera with credit to those without video)

Btw, someone made an top 5 OH video a couple of weeks ago.

My recommendation is to stay away from top 5/10 videos, for quite a few reasons.

Underwatercuber likes this.
  3. T1_M0

T1_M0 Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Finland
    WCA:
    2017NORR01
    YouTube:
    Ilopilleri00
    Just stop

Underwatercuber likes this.
  4. Dancing Jules

Dancing Jules Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Vienna, Austria
    It also isn't top 5 solves (that would be Feliks, Feliks, Feliks, Philipp, Feliks) but top5 people with fastest solves.

5. Tabe

Tabe Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Spokane, WA (USA)
    YouTube:
    CoachTabe
    Gotta love the judge for #3 not even watching.

6. CubingHighlights

CubingHighlights Member

Jul 6, 2017
    YouTube:
    UCAdLxddO4pNkYVz--9fv07w
    Thanks for the feedback but "Btw, someone made an top 5 OH video a couple of weeks ago." ??
    People make the same videos all the time. If we weren't allowed to do that then we wouldn't have half as many videos on youtube. Of course there's going to be videos that are the same..??

I'm not sure about finding a way around 2/5 of the solves missing. If there is no footage then there is no footage I guess. The best thing I can do is say that there is no footage for it. Can you give some more clarification on how I can actually get around that instead of stating that there is no footage and such please?

Also, 50% of the reason I'm doing this is because I got some inspiration from your first videos on your channel since I've been a long time subscriber.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  7. CubingHighlights

CubingHighlights Member

Jul 6, 2017
    YouTube:
    UCAdLxddO4pNkYVz--9fv07w
    That is quite true but according to the WCA, the top 5 solves are those 5. I get what you mean but I was trying to stick to the WCA format. Thanks for the feedback!

8. Underwatercuber

Underwatercuber Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Utah
    WCA:
    2016BAIR01
    The reason I hate YouTube is because all the people who make top 10 videos

9. 1973486

1973486 Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Dancing Jules and FastCubeMaster like this.
  10. FastCubeMaster

FastCubeMaster Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    WCA:
    2015PEAR02
    YouTube:
    FastCubeMaster
    What's the purpose of creating a video someone else has recently made? What's your reason behind that?

Also, for the missing videos, I gave a suggestion in my post, not that I encourage you to do this in the first place anyway.

Dancing Jules likes this.
  11. CubingHighlights

CubingHighlights Member

Jul 6, 2017
    YouTube:
    UCAdLxddO4pNkYVz--9fv07w
  12. CubingHighlights

CubingHighlights Member

Jul 6, 2017
    YouTube:
    UCAdLxddO4pNkYVz--9fv07w
    Hmmm. Well, I have a few reasons for that. First of all, youtube is a hobby and not something I want to get really famous or something off of so I do it for my own enjoyment and for others. That was a video I wanted to make personally for fun. I don't think about the views or the amount of subscribers even though I am very thankful for that. I may start making videos that I and also the viewers enjoy if someone requests it but as stated before, I don't do it for any of the views and such. If you want to do youtube for fame that is fine by me and by all means you can do that. And I mean, your channel has QNA's, competition videos, solves and such and is that the first time I've seen it? The short answer to that is no. I am not trying to hate on your content but simply responding it in the way you did to me. So, what's the reason behind you making your videos?

Second of all, some people may have not seen another top 5 oh solves video. They might of just wanted to watch a video and happened to stumble upon this one. This also comes nicely in with my first point I just made, if they have already watched another video like this, they don't have to click on mine. Mine is simply just another video they can come back to for enjoyment.

13. CubingHighlights

CubingHighlights Member

Jul 6, 2017
    YouTube:
    UCAdLxddO4pNkYVz--9fv07w
    Ok? I make top 5 videos.

14. FastCubeMaster

FastCubeMaster Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    WCA:
    2015PEAR02
    YouTube:
    FastCubeMaster
    Your first para: when I said that you uploaded something that already existed, I meant exactly, there's another recent OH top 5. I don't mean the type of video like competition, QnA etc.. And if you're interested for my purpose behind videos, I strive for originality and entertainment.

Your second paragraph didn't quite make too much sense to me. After every sentence I could've said: 'just one of those OH top 5 videos will suffice'

15. Dancing Jules

Dancing Jules Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Vienna, Austria
    What I've seen many Videos do instead is to show the fastest solve on camera by that person.

According to WCA it's "Top Persons". You can also view "Top Results" on the WCA page.