New cube simulation software - testers needed

Discussion in 'General Speedcubing Discussion' started by TheFex, Apr 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. TheFex

TheFex Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Allright, I've made a few changes to the input mechanism. The WCA scrambler works for all cubes I've tested.
    http://www.worldcubeassociation.org/regulations/scrambles/scramble_cube.htm

You can paste a scramble into the TextBox and hit ENTER to execute it. I think it works for all cubes up till 11x11.
    Make sure you set the correct cube orientation before. :)

I'll work on the other stuff you mentioned such as the middle slices.

2. nickcolley

nickcolley Member

Jul 2, 2011
    England
    WCA:
    2011COLL04
    Silverlight is ****.

3. cubeflip

cubeflip Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Southern California
    WCA:
    2009HAMO01
    YouTube:
    thebackflipmaster
    I use a Mac, and silverlight downloaded and installed correctly. I re-opened the site and opened up Silverlight preferences to allow "3D Graphics...", but that option isn't there. In fact, there are no options under the "Permissions" tab. Any help?

4. TheFex

TheFex Member

Apr 7, 2012
    I'm sorry for all you Mac users. Unfortunately this app doesn't work on Mac. It has been created using Microsoft software for the Microsoft platform. I'm not sure if Microsoft plans to add the 3D capabilities to Silverlight for Mac, let's hope they do.

5. TheFex

TheFex Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Allrighty,

I've been working hard on the cube notation and discovered a few bugs in there. All of those should be fixed now, I have also added support for lower-case (inner slices) and wide turns (e.g. Fw').
    Other than that, I've added the ability to set a custom color scheme and "Big Stickers".

Check it out :)

6. soup

soup Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Top Kek
    YouTube:
    s16269
    Wait.. how do you set the color scheme?

7. TheFex

TheFex Member

Apr 7, 2012
    There should be a tool window called "Colors" in the bottom left. If it's not, it might be out of sight. Try to zoom your browser to 75%.

8. cubecraze1

cubecraze1 Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Australia
    WCA:
    2011OMAH01
    YouTube:
    cubecraze1
    D:

9. Sillas

Sillas Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Dourados, Brazil
    YouTube:
    Sillas Tsutsui

It seems to me very familiar. I don't know why...

10. Erik

Erik Member

[replacing myself in an average noob user who wants to try it out]

* goes to link
    * waits long to load something that apparently is kind of a burn on your computer
    * reads something about changing some permissions....
    * tries a bit... fails and can't find the thing
    * "meh not gonna try it"

[/replacing myself in an average noob user who wants to try it out]

11. TheFex

TheFex Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Too bad Erik, I was really interested in your comments. You probably have a Mac, otherwise ... well ... :)

12. MisterChris

MisterChris Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    YouTube:
    MisterChrisCuber
    It looks so cool! But I can't download it :(

13. TheFex

TheFex Member

Apr 7, 2012
    One of the things that I really wanted to do, was have the ability to choose your own stickers. CubeKing now has a feature that allows you to browse for exactly 6 texture images that will be projected on each side of the cube.
    The big challenge here was to calculate all UV coordinates based on the dimensions of the cube.

Does anyone have a good source for cube textures?

Check out this awesome kratos cube :p
    [​IMG]

14. Erik

Erik Member

Actually no (I don't really like Apple), I'm on a win XP machine and tried it with Chrome and IE. If I to permission (it's not called that on the Dutch version) there is nothing about 3D there.

15. TheFex

TheFex Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Hi guys,

Because some of you don't have Windows computers and/or Silverlight 5, I've decided to make a video of CubeKing in action.
    Check it out and be sure to leave a comment if you like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAIswVza9zg

16. aaronb

aaronb Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Maine, USA
    So, it's not letting me zoom in or out. I have a decent screen resolution, 1366x768. But the little cube in the bottom left get in the way of the "Color" settings. It would help if you moved the cube a bit to the right, so it is in between the settings bar and the list of controls.

Other than that, I've liked all the changes you've made. I would like to see controls for the Back, Left, and Down faces, but other those 2 things, I don't see any changes I would like to see.