• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Tempest 3V1 Development Thread (2016 Model leaked)

Who Should Tempest Work With on Mass Manufacturing?

• MoYu

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • QiYi

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • GAN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yuxin

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • FangShi

• ShengShou

• Dayan

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Independent Company

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sion

Well, my 3d prototype. I'm trying to release a mass one somewhere in march but no solid guarentees

Last edited:

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Bayblades are still a thing? I remember being crazy about those years ago...

Anyway, looks good. The center cap issue is predictable given the tolerances you usually get with most 3D printers, friction fit is difficult to get right. As a first prototype, it looks very impressive. I look forward to seeing what it develops into.

Sion

now... the hardest thing.... putting it on a shelf... for my beautiful eyes to lay on.... just letting it stay as a decoration, or rather a trophy.... of a journey I realized is long from done.

Sion

So do you have a tentative release date?

If you say it like that, yes. I would request more time with the community to make sure we can get a quality product. You can see that we aren't slacking or procrastinating because of the prototype, but there are some things that do need to be improved.

Seanliu

YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow! I'm so excited for your cube! The dedication to this cube, ever since its conception, has been amazing! I remember when it was still a concept, you were trying to come up with a name for it, didn't really like the Tempest :p (voted for something else, don't remember what), I was very skeptical then! I still am now, but the skepticism has wore off a lot, and I want to wish you good luck on your creation, make something amazing!

Sion

Hey guys... I need to tell you something.

I'm not sure if this project is going to be continued or not. There has been so much going on, and the project is starting to derail.

Abo has mentioned before that he would take a long break of roughly seven weeks . As of now, it's has been eight weeks and a day. I got nervous and went to try and contact him, but I got no response. That really dishatters me.

For Adam, I rarely heat from him. He was supposed to do 2x2, but I haven't heard from him in over a month.

Kian mansour was also on the team for 2x2, and he left as well (he left the group where we discussEd the project.)

As of now, I'm callin the probject possibly dead. Until I get any signs that we might continue, we will. But as of now, I'm not sure.

If anything, if something does pop up and we band together again to work on the puzzle, I'm sure we will, although thinga would be on a delay.

This has been just as hard for me to write this as it is probably hard for you to read it. I hope I can get back to you soon.

If this project is indeed dead, though, I would like to say thank you to everyone who took interest in this. It has been one of the first times in my whole life where I felt a community fully supported me. Doing this whole thing, having a team, and having the whole support of you guys is probably going to be one of the greatest highlights of my life. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dom

aybuck37

WCA
2015BUCK03
Hey guys... I need to tell you something.

I'm not sure if this project is going to be continued or not. There has been so much going on, and the project is starting to derail.

Abo has mentioned before that he would take a long break of roughly seven weeks . As of now, it's has been eight weeks and a day. I got nervous and went to try and contact him, but I got no response. That really dishatters me.

For Adam, I rarely heat from him. He was supposed to do 2x2, but I haven't heard from him in over a month.

Kian mansour was also on the team for 2x2, and he left as well (he left the group where we discussEd the project.)

As of now, I'm callin the probject possibly dead. Until I get any signs that we might continue, we will. But as of now, I'm not sure.

If anything, if something does pop up and we band together again to work on the puzzle, I'm sure we will, although thinga would be on a delay.

This has been just as hard for me to write this as it is probably hard for you to read it. I hope I can get back to you soon.
That's so sad/ Hope you can get back again.

Sion

NeUral news:

The vote is in, aNd people want me to collab with cubicle labs. I'll see what I can do and stuff, but if they say yes, looks like this show us back on the road!