New 2015 WCA Regulations (Effective July 1, 2015)

Discussion in 'WCA Regulations' started by Kit Clement, Jun 25, 2014.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Ranzha

Ranzha Friendly, Neighbourhoodly Staff Member

If we didn't care so much about having annual regulations and instead announced changes in their own time, people wouldn't have to over-hype.

2. Akash Rupela

Akash Rupela Member

May 9, 2011
    New Delhi, India, India
    WCA:
    2012RUPE01
    YouTube:
    akashrupela1
    This!
    I don't see why not

3. Ranzha

And not only regulations, but for changes in general, like the WCA site style changes.

4. Kit Clement

Kit Clement Premium Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Portland, OR
    WCA:
    2008CLEM01
    YouTube:
    KitClement
    The difficulty in this is that we are a worldwide organization, and having small, frequent updates while keeping 100+ delegates up to date is difficult. It's much easier to give a large list of changes at once so that everyone knows the current regulations and we can make decisions consistently around the world.

5. You see, my friend, I need to use a stickerless cube on January 10th. If it's not done soon, I have an issue.

6. Ranzha

Maybe you should rethink your cubing choices.

7. Which cubing choice would you be referring to?

If you mean:

a. The choice of ordering a stickerless cube: It was an accident. I wasn't paying attention when ordering. I can't just get another cube now.

b. Getting into feet (yeah, it's my feet cube): It was over two years ago. All I wanted was some kind of record, and feet seemed the most in reach for me. I'm sorry that I got into the event.

c. Another cubing choice: specify, please.

8. Dene

Dene Premium Member

Dec 5, 2007
    WCA:
    2009BEAR01
    YouTube:
    masterNZ
    Surely you have more than one 3x3 lying around?

9. Kit Clement

Aug 25, 2008
    Portland, OR
    WCA:
    2008CLEM01
    YouTube:
    KitClement
    The chances feet will be held are getting staggeringly low due to a higher than expected registration, so your choices may be irrelevant anyway. For what it's worth, I don't see new regulations being ready that soon at all, this is still a long term project.

10. Seanliu

Seanliu Member

Jul 29, 2014
    YouTube:
    Cubing4Taiwan
    What I have been thinking about is - why wasn't (past tense) stickerless cubes allowed in BLD? I mean, they couldn't SEE the 45 deg pieces, could they?

11. Prakhar

Prakhar Member

Feb 21, 2014
    New Delhi
    WCA:
    2014GUPT09
    Well they could see in memo, which is an important phase.

12. guysensei1

guysensei1 Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Singing pores
    WCA:
    2014WENW01
    But you can't turn the cube during memo so seeing the back edge pieces via a 45 degree move isn't useful.

13. Kit Clement

Aug 25, 2008
    Portland, OR
    WCA:
    2008CLEM01
    YouTube:
    KitClement
  14. Aceofspades2345

Aceofspades2345 Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Any update on writing the regulations to allow stickerless cubes?

15. supercavitation

supercavitation Member

Feb 9, 2014
    WCA:
    2014BLOC01
    Nope. I am 100% certain that you will know when those regulations are ready because it will be posted in this very thread.

16. Aceofspades2345

Aceofspades2345 Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Sounds like a fair assumption. However, perhaps an estimate of when that might happen would also be of use. If we were to know whether it's imminent, or whether it will be months away that might be useful for planning competition attendance.

17. Ranzha

"When the regs are ready" and "Be patient" seem to be the recurring themes.

18. Oricuber

Oricuber Member

I recognize better on stickered cubes, so this doesn't even pertain to me, but I'm interested to see the final results.

19. SpeedCubeReview

SpeedCubeReview Member

May 25, 2014
    Holly, MI
    YouTube:
    SpeedCubeReview
    Any news yet on when the new regulations will be released?

20. supercavitation

supercavitation Member

Feb 9, 2014
    WCA:
    2014BLOC01
    Word seems to be, as usual, they will be release when they are finished to a standard such that we won't have a repeat of previous issues.