New 2015 WCA Regulations (Effective July 1, 2015)

Discussion in 'WCA Regulations' started by Kit Clement, Jun 25, 2014.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Arkwell

Arkwell Member

Jan 23, 2011
    What I meant is Stickerless cubes are different than the standard Black, White, Blue, etc. cubes. Stickerless are a combination of colors.

2. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

I still don't understand what you're saying.

With regard to your original suggestion: splitting the 3x3x3 event over multiple kinds of 3x3x3 is very unlikely to happen. But are you aware that stickerless cubes are already permitted?

3. guysensei1

guysensei1 Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Singing pores
    WCA:
    2014WENW01
    Not sure if it's the right place to ask, but anyway,
    Let's say I start inspection and suspect it's a duplicate scramble, but I'm not 100% sure. Should I raise this to the judge immediately, or finish the solve first?

4. PenguinsDontFly

PenguinsDontFly Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2015MANS03
    YouTube:
    P3NGU1N5D0NTFLY
    I would finish the solve and ask after. If you ask immediately and it is a duplicate, you get an extra attempt/the correct scramble. If you ask immediately and it isnt a duplicate, inspection runs out, and it is a DNF (I think). if you ask after the solve, its win win. Either the solve doesnt count and you get the real scramble or it counts.

5. Kit Clement

Kit Clement Premium Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Portland, OR
    WCA:
    2008CLEM01
    YouTube:
    KitClement
    If you solve the cube, what evidence do we have that it is a repeated scramble? (Assuming no video was taken)

I'd suggest bringing it up in inspection.

6. PenguinsDontFly

PenguinsDontFly Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Ottawa, Canada
    WCA:
    2015MANS03
    YouTube:
    P3NGU1N5D0NTFLY
    oh yeah, thats true. that didnt occur to me, thanks!

edit: so if it turns out that it isnt a repeated scramble, the competitor is given an extra scramble right? If yes, how hard would it be for someone to cheat and claim they think they have a repeat scramble to avoid a difficult scramble?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  7. What I do: vocalize in inspection that I think it might be a duplicate. Continue with the solve. Stop the solve if/when I'm convinced. Bring it up with judges.