• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New 2015 WCA Regulations (Effective July 1, 2015)

JediJupiter

WCA
2014DICK01
That's the thig, Brandon's 69 *doesnt* waste time. He ALWAYS finishes at least 30 min before everyone else and then proceeds to help in any way needed. It's just because of a few butt hurt delegates who can't stand the number 69. Guarantee they wouldn't care if the number was 68.

Are you serious? I don't think they mind what he's doing at all, and I wouldn't assume they do until they actually say it.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's the thig, Brandon's 69 *doesnt* waste time. He ALWAYS finishes at least 30 min before everyone else and then proceeds to help in any way needed. It's just because of a few butt hurt delegates who can't stand the number 69. Guarantee they wouldn't care if the number was 68.

And checking his 69 move solution (which is always a success btw) is way faster than checking a DNF'd 50 mover. He actually saves us time!

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
So are stickerless puzzles finally legal?

Yes.

e19107ee2a89f879ace6a9bedf08aaa3.png

At my next comp I'm gonna bring an actual clock puzzle to my FMC attempt lol

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
So...
Let's say I decide to switch to roux and I have an upcoming competition, should I not be allowed to use roux at the comp because I am competing 'with expectation of a poor result', because roux doesn't give me the best result yet?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So...
Let's say I decide to switch to roux and I have an upcoming competition, should I not be allowed to use roux at the comp because I am competing 'with expectation of a poor result', because roux doesn't give me the best result yet?

Of course not.

Why do people keep deliberately misinterpreting this regulation? Delegates aren't robots with no discretion. Any occurrence of this regulation being put into action will go through the Board, and do you really have such little faith in them?

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This can also be clarified by reading the guidelines:

A1c+) CLARIFICATION WCA delegates should only use their discretion to prevent competitors from being a severe detriment to the competition (e.g. wasting time and/or competition resources). Competitors should not be disqualified for a "poor" result when they are competing to the best of their abilities.

Mnts

WCA
2011SIDA01
I'm really curious, how many of you already tried using stickerless cubes in competitions? What was the delegate reaction when they've seen you trying to use stikerless puzzle?

ShadenSmith

WCA
2008SMIT01
I'm really curious, how many of you already tried using stickerless cubes in competitions? What was the delegate reaction when they've seen you trying to use stikerless puzzle?

I usually had to turn away 1-2 stickerless cubes at each of my competitions. I told them that they were not yet allowed under regulations and asked if they had another available.

Arkwell

Separate 3x3 Stickerless Competition?

Guys, instead of stickerless going against stickered 3x3 cubes why don't you just have a separate stickerless 3x3 competition until you can see the advantages and disadvantages of the stickerless cubes? If there are any advantages just keep stickerless a separate 3x3 competition.

Last edited:

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys, instead of stickerless going against stickered 3x3 cubes why don't you just have a separate stickerless 3x3 competition until you can see the advantages and disadvantages of the stickerless cubes? If there are any advantages just keep stickerless a separate 3x3 competition.
Good idea! Why don't we also have white cubes in a different competition than black cubes or even Zhanchis in a different competing to Aolongs? A brilliant solution!

WCA
2014BLOC01
Good idea! Why don't we also have white cubes in a different competition than black cubes or even Zhanchis in a different competing to Aolongs? A brilliant solution!

How dare you place Aolong v1s in the same competition as Aolong v2s! You clearly haven't thought through the possible advantages and disadvantages!

WCA
2013BARK01

what about the stickerless transparent cubes, are they allowed in the transparent category or the stickerless category? Let's make another category! We should also have a seperate category for all of with a logo on a different side. But then, of course we can't forget the ridges on megaminxes. What about a competition for Hualongs with Weilong v2 springs and Aolong v1 center caps! We seriously need to get this idea to the board!

CubeWizard23

WCA
2015GAMB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
what about the stickerless transparent cubes, are they allowed in the transparent category or the stickerless category? Let's make another category! We should also have a seperate category for all of with a logo on a different side. But then, of course we can't forget the ridges on megaminxes. What about a competition for Hualongs with Weilong v2 springs and Aolong v1 center caps! We seriously need to get this idea to the board!

not to forget chris olsons pink cubes he would get his own category!

CubeWizard23

WCA
2015GAMB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dont you mean MAXIMUM? I doubt LBL/keyhole can get sub 70.
oops =) and keyhole 4 sure
Scramble: L2 D R2 B2 D2 L2 D2 U' F2 L D2 F U R' D' F D2 F' D' U'
Solution: z2 B2 D' F D R' F R U2 R U' R2 U2 R L' U L
y' z2 R' D R U' F D F' U' R' D2 R U2 R' D' R D' F D2 F' D' R' F U R' D2 R
z2 y R2 D R' U2 R D' R' U2 R'
y' R U R' U' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F
64 Move solution Keyhole (there is one but this is not it) oops again hate FMC

Last edited: