• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Cube Simulator

Chrisalead

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok I just added wide R and L turns shortcuts (by default the same that Pedro gave me except Lw which is V instead of C, but you can change it ^^).
I have put M turn on '1' and M' turn on '=' so you can reach them with the pinky.

You can find this version at the same place than the others (I juste overwrite the zip file each time).

Chrisalead

YouTube
Visit Channel
One thing I forgot to tell : Once you have solved the cube you immediately enter the replay state. You can navigate through the replay without activating the real time replay by using the undo/redo functions. Note that in that case, the time displayed is the time at the end of the move. Thus you can see how much time you took to do cross, F2L, etc...

This evening I will add a command line option to choose a shortcut file (for those who want to test different combinations without rewriting the file every time).

Edit : Nice one ben1996123 ! I never did better than 17.44 (and saved the replay ^^), and usually average between 25 and 30 with simulators. I'm definitely not as good with sims as with real cubes !

I will be glad to get some save file of sub-10 solves !
You just have to use the Save function (F1) right after your solve, it will save the entire history of that solve.

Last edited:

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm going to try M turns on X and . keys, since I do M' with my right ring finger.

Edit:

Erm...how do I put the .? Dot?

Edit:

Never mind, I'm dumb...Period it is. And I actually use my left ring finger for M'.

Last edited:

Chrisalead

YouTube
Visit Channel
New version uploaded.

- You can now use any shortcut definition file you want with the command line option "-shortcut file.txt".
- When replaying, TPS is adjusted to avoid "cube cut", if you solve faster than the TPS used during solving (10 by default but you can easily be faster on a well known "keyboard PLL"). This really makes replays more nice.
- You cannot edit the Past Scramble From Clipboard shortcut anymore, it's CTRL+V as in any application ^^.

Chrisalead

YouTube
Visit Channel
Another new version uploaded.

- You can now undo/redo by steps of 10/100/1000 using shift, control, shift+control key modifiers.
- You can modify the solver TPS (usefull because it is also used for the fluidify option described below).
- You can "fluidify" your solve (I mean the replay of course) : it does the same solution by with the solver tps, thus eliminating pauses plus it removes useless cube rotation (ex : x then x').
So once you did it with let's sasy 5 tps, nothing stops you to change the solver tps value and re-fluidify your solve.
- Added the TPS next to the number of turns at the bottom-left of the screen.
- Added some info text display at the top-left of the screen when you modify an option (to have a visual info) : displayed for now : tps, solver tps, cube size.

new / modified shortcuts :
TPS dec/reset/inc : 1, 2, 3
Solver TPS dec/reset/inc : numpad 4, 5, 6.
Gap between facelets dec/reset/inc : 7, 8, 9
Fluidify Solve : F8

Of course you can change them with the shortcut definition file.

Have fun !

I would really enjoy to get some of your solves as .ksv files ! Especially fast solves and big cubes fast solves too.

Chrisalead

YouTube
Visit Channel
I finally found some time to work on the simulator again.

- Colors can be adjusted through the shortcut definition file (which is now an option file in fact).
- "-shortcut" command line renamed : "-options".
- Current Avg5 and Avg12 displayed at the top left corner.
- Screen displaying detailed Avg5 and Avg12 (new shortcut : F9 by default).
- Last Layer Trainer (to switch scramble mode press the new shortcut : / of the numpad by default).
- A few minor bugs removed.

Same link as before : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28029645/Kube.zip

Hermanio

WCA
2012OUNA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for this simulator, I guess it will hold me over until I find something else. I haven't had the time to mess around with it, but does this have the option to turn the "invisibleness" off so that I could not see what's in the back and bottom layers?

Edit: already found it out, staying with this excellent simulator!

Last edited:
I've been using this program for a long time a really love it. However, it seems to not work anymore with Windows 10 64bit systems after a recent update to Visual C++ :( Could you fix this?