• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Multiplayer 15 puzzle sim

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Download link: https://slidysim.000webhostapp.com/

• Supports any puzzle from 2x2 to 1000x1000
  • Lots of customisation options (colour schemes, controls, animations, etc)
  • Multiplayer
  • Relays, marathons, multiple "display types", multiple scramblers
  • Stores complete information of PBs (time, movecount, TPS, scramble, solution)
  • A statistics window to see information about your current session/your PBs
  • A leaderboard that you can upload your PBs to so you can compare your times with everyone elses
  • A puzzle solver
  • Ability to save puzzles midway through a solve
Hosting a server:
  • Open the command prompt (go to start->run, or press win+R, and type cmd)
  • In the command prompt, type ipconfig
  • Look for the IPv4 address and the default gateway
  • Type the default gateway in the url bar in your browser
  • Log in to your router (if you dont know the username or password try putting them both as "admin")
  • Find the port forwarding option (probably under advanced settings)
  • Set the port to 1234 (if there's an option for start port and end port, put them both as 1234). Set the IP address to your IPv4 from cmd. If there's an option, set the protocol type to TCP.
  • Open the sim, go to multiplayer and click start server
  • Go to www.cmyip.com to find your external IP address. This is what you need to give to other people so they can connect to your server. To connect to your own server, put the IP address as "localhost"
  • If you do this and it doesn't work, try allowing TCP port 1234 through the firewall
To join someone elses server, you don't need to port forward, you just need their external IP address.
  • Open the sim, click leaderboards
  • From here you can change the filters to whatever you want, and click get leaderboard to see the leaderboard
  • To put your PBs on the leaderboard, click leaderboard account and choose a username and password, enter your email address and click create account
  • You should receive an email with an account activation link. Click it, then go back to the sim and enter your username and password and login. Make sure that the "log in automatically" box is checked, so you won't need to keep manually logging in.
  • Click add PBs to the leaderboard. Depending on how many PBs you have, this might only take a second or 2, or a minute or so. You should see a popup box letting you know when your PBs have finished uploading.
  • When you are logged in, any new PBs you get will be automatically uploaded to the leaderboard.
  • Spacebar: scramble the puzzle
  • Escape: reset the puzzle to its solved state (this will delete your current session)
  • +: increase puzzle size
  • -: decrease puzzle size
  • Ctrl and +: increase the height of the puzzle
  • Ctrl and -: decrease the height of the puzzle
  • Alt and +: increase the width of the puzzle
  • Alt and -: decrease the width of the puzzle
  • Ctrl and enter: enter fullscreen mode with the standard UI
  • Alt and enter: enter fullscreen mode with the normal UI hidden and just a timer shown
  • Ctrl and C: copy the state of the puzzle to the clipboard (also works for any puzzle on multiplayer, just cilck the one you want to copy from first)
  • Ctrl and V: paste a scramble from the clipboard, or paste moves from the clipboard and apply them to the puzzle (replays)
  • Ctrl and Z: retry the scramble from the previous solve
  • Ctrl and P: render an image of the current puzzle
  • F1-F12: Load the solve saved in slot 1-12
  • Ctrl and F1-F12: Save the current solve to slot 1-12
  • Page up: Zoom in
  • Page down: Zoom out
  • Home: Reset zoom
WyNgiYS.png

9IoIHoz.png

CYJSYsC.png

IRQmhHG.png

nBdoYKu.png

Ho8NoPV.png

yrlrpLk.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try download this file and putting it into your folder.
That's MSVCP100, not MSVCR100. And the MSCVR from that website that didn't work either. I still get the same message.

EDIT: I got the message I need MSVCR after downloading MSVCP. It wasn't the same message, so you didn't give me the wrong link. My mistake. But it still hasn't worked and I'm getting a MSVCR100 message.
EDIT2: new screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/LXqaVRW.png

Last edited:

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's MSVCP100, not MSVCR100. And the MSCVR from that website that didn't work either. I still get the same message.

EDIT: I got the message I need MSVCR after downloading MSVCP. It wasn't the same message, so you didn't give me the wrong link. My mistake. But it still hasn't worked and I'm getting a MSVCR100 message.

did you download both of them

uvafan

WCA
2012LIFL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yea, just updated previous post with screenshot.

Try extracting slidysim and the server files out of the zips.

EDIT: wait nvm i think you did sorry i'm stupid

oh yeah also thanks ben this is much better than the last sim I was using, just got a sub15 avg12. :)

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just double click the dll's. Don't use that website again, it gives you a setup instead of the direct dll, so beware that the setup doesn't install any unwanted programs, make sure you agree only to the things you want in the wizard.

okso no dont do that

you downloaded something stupid, just delete those 2 files, go back to the page and click download zip file instead of download fixer