• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Multiblindfold Discussion (PBs, Successes, Fails)

S

Scruggsy13

12/15 in 58:09. Mistakes were two cubes off by two flipped edges and the third by an edge cycle. Modified my memo routine, and it seems to work well so far since I didn't have to pause too long to recall any individual pair during the execution. Now I just need to speed everything up.

DhruvA

WCA
2015AROR05
I am new to mbld and seeing you guys talk about points and all confuses me.

How does this work?
(Sorry if this is a stupid question)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am new to mbld and seeing you guys talk about points and all confuses me.

How does this work?
(Sorry if this is a stupid question)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Points are how many cubes you solve minus the number you didn't (each cube is one point)
so for example 9/12 would equal 6 points as you got 9 points for the 9 you solved but then got 3 points taken away for the three you didn't solve.

Jugurtha

WCA
2014GARC27
YouTube
Visit Channel
7th attempt for 16 cubes, and finally I get it all correct! UNR by the way :D
51'51 with 40'56 memo, giving a very nice 41s per cube average execution. I didn't have any significant pause during execution and the final time is therefore very good.
No footage unfortunately, as I forgot to recharge my cam before; it stopped after a couple of minutes.

S

Scruggsy13

12/15 in 49:43. No more points, but managed to cut nine minutes off from the other attempt. DNFs were 2 flipped edges, 2 twisted corners, and an M2.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Warrior Ws. They were on sale for 2.69 each on the cubicle.
A little locky, but nice shades and they have a good feel.

But after taking them all out and messing around, I saw that one of the centers came without a spring :confused:.
That really is a budget cube.
Just finished my 4th Thunderclap M. Wish I could solve 4.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That really is a budget cube.
Just finished my 4th Thunderclap M. Wish I could solve 4.
Well, I am on a budget.
How many thunderclaps are you planning on magnetizing?
And, as I am not that great at MBLD, I can say that larger-ish attempts aren't hard. It really only starts to get harder when you hit 6 cubes+ because your time limit doesn't increase. When I was working my way up on MBLD attempt cube counts, I never had trouble with the time limits. I don't think that you, being considerably faster than me, should have a problem either.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
10/11 mbld in 56:22

could have been 54ish if I didn't forget to review corners on one cube and spent a while recalling during exec.
DNF was 2 flipped edges from executing T as N, :((((((((

also featuring this weird scramble
3) R2 D2 B' R2 B L2 R2 F' D2 U2 F' R' D B2 D' R2 B L' U' F D

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I am on a budget.
How many thunderclaps are you planning on magnetizing?
And, as I am not that great at MBLD, I can say that larger-ish attempts aren't hard. It really only starts to get harder when you hit 6 cubes+ because your time limit doesn't increase. When I was working my way up on MBLD attempt cube counts, I never had trouble with the time limits. I don't think that you, being considerably faster than me, should have a problem either.
I own 4 more of them but only have enough of my preferred magnets to do 2 for now so I'll do the 2 stickered ones. I've not yet solved more than 3 so that should be enough for a while. However, I like doing them so may just put in an order.
Time certainly isn't an issue yet as I'm around 25 mins for my 4 cube attempts.