• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Multiblindfold Discussion (PBs, Successes, Fails)

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Got my first 3/3 today. I didn't start the timer but was around 15 mins.
Any suggestions as to what I might be able to do in an hour with a bit more practice? Execution is around 1:15 and is where I make most of my errors.
Congrats Mark. My recommendation would be to experiment to see what works for you. Time doesn't scale linearly with number of cubes because of reviews, but how much time that takes depends on what kind of reviews you do, and what your memo system is (how you group cubes, how many you memo before each review, etc.). Having a good system is the key, along with time management. I'm sure I saw somewhere that Maskow said the same.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats Mark. My recommendation would be to experiment to see what works for you. Time doesn't scale linearly with number of cubes because of reviews, but how much time that takes depends on what kind of reviews you do, and what your memo system is (how you group cubes, how many you memo before each review, etc.). Having a good system is the key, along with time management. I'm sure I saw somewhere that Maskow said the same.
So far I've just been concentrating on remembering to leave the cubes where I can find them and memoing in solve order. I tend to do one cube per room with 2 or 3 images per cube and I concentrate on the start of each image so I don't forget the whole thing. I do a no look review after each cube and then check I can remember the start of each image before I memo and solve the 3BLD cube. It works on a small number of cube but like you say I'll need a proper system for more cubes.

pinser

WCA
2016GOHT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I almost never get n/n cubes on any attempt larger than 8 cubes. 80% of the time the DNF is because I execute XY instead of XZ, 15% I memo XY instead of XZ, and 5% some other random stupid reason.
Any advice?

S

Scruggsy13

5/5 in 18:01. Just a casual attempt since I'm too sleep deprived to do more cubes or push myself to go faster.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I attempted 5 cubes today even though previously the most I had done was 3.
I got 4/5 in 41:22. I'm getting the MBLD fever!!! :) I'll be doing heaps more soon.
The missed one was off by 3 edges

I kinda find it annoying though that it doesn't beat my 3/3 in 18:53. I put 2 more cubes in of memo and execution and only JUST missed one of the cubes, that means it's worse than 3 correctly solved cubes.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess it has to be memo. More specifically, being able to recognize when I've memorized everything that needs to be memorized. Like just missing a flipped edge here or there.

Although I memo slow, I remember everything. Execution is slow but accurate.
Have you tried counting the letters in your memo? I'm not strict about doing it myself but it helps. Start with 11 for edges and and one for each cycle break and minus one for each solved piece. I get confused over flipped pieces.
I find that most of my errors are execution and, like you, my recall is very accurate. That gives us some leeway to speed up once we go over 6 cubes.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Official 2/5 in 44m = DNF

I just want a result PLEASE

2 flip (okay this was my fault, 3BLD solve, I saw FL and BR needed to be swapped, but I didn't notice that they were flipped too)
u perm (?)
3 cycle (probably an execution mistake. UF DF and DR need to be cycled, but not necessarily those stickers or in that order)

kamilprzyb

WCA
2016PRZY01
WTF I was solving different cubes than I thought I was solving :confused:
16/40 64:20 [42:21] Time is quite good for a first attempt in a while
Looks like I'm still discovering new ways to **** up​

DhruvA

WCA
2015AROR05
Got my first mbld success! 2/2 17:04
I used a little bit of journey method and a bit of just remembering the letters.
Can someone give tips about improving memo?