• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Multi Blindfolded at Paris World Championship

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
so his best was 40/46
Shivam Bansal got 37/40
I am sad .
What do you think about this?

I'm happy for Shivam. 37/40 is a very impressive result and he's very deserving of being world champion. For something as skill-based as MBLD (as opposed to more luck-based events like 2x2 and Pyraminx), whoever wins automatically deserves it, in my opinion.

applezfall

WCA
2016NAGR01
I'm happy for Shivam. 37/40 is a very impressive result and he's very deserving of being world champion. For something as skill-based as MBLD (as opposed to more luck-based events like 2x2 and Pyraminx), whoever wins automatically deserves it, in my opinion.
ya I didn't say Shivam is bad at multiblind I just think Maskow deserves it more
Plus the mbld system is not very good if Maskow solves 40 cubes from 46 cubes and Shivam solves 37 cubes from 40.Who do you think is better someone who solves 40 cubes or the person who solves 37 cubes.

ya I didn't say Shivam is bad at multiblind I just think Maskow deserves it more
Plus the mbld system is not very good if Maskow solves 40 cubes from 46 cubes and Shivam solves 37 cubes from 40.Who do you think is better someone who solves 40 cubes or the person who solves 37 cubes.
You can choose the amount of cubes you solve, so there's no need to blame the rules and regulation.

applezfall

WCA
2016NAGR01
You can choose the amount of cubes you solve, so there's no need to blame the rules and regulation.
I know but in mbld people want to see who can solve the most cubes blindfolded so why should the person who solves 37 cubes win just cause he does less cube,but the person who does 40 cubes is consider worse because he tries more cubes.WHY?

Pyjam

Premium Member
Because if you want to try X cubes, it's easier to try 100 cubes and select X easy scrambles among 100 than to have to solve the X scrambles you are given to.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know but in mbld people want to see who can solve the most cubes blindfolded so why should the person who solves 37 cubes win just cause he does less cube,but the person who does 40 cubes is consider worse because he tries more cubes.WHY?

I believe the reason would be to reward accuracy, and to prevent some people from doing more than what they could reasonably do.

I think you are a little more upset over this than you should be, I'm pretty sure Marcin himself is very happy for Shivam.

applezfall

WCA
2016NAGR01
I believe the reason would be to reward accuracy, and to prevent some people from doing more than what they could reasonably do

I think you are a little more upset over this than you should be, I'm pretty sure Marcin himself is very happy for Shivam.
your argument is good and I think Shivam is very good but I was saying it doesn't reward people who can solve more cubes blindfolded but I dont really care

I_<3_SCS

Why wouldn't a winner in a "luck-based" event automatically deserve it? If you win pyraminx at a competition, do you fee like a "fraud"?

uyneb2000

WCA
2011YUBE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why won't you deserve it? You got the time. "Luck" is a legitimate way to win. I think it was Michael Lane that said, "Getting lucky isn't a crime."

*Mitchell Lane, and that quote is way before Mitch got a 6.25 (I believe by Erik after his 7.08?).

Well, if I didn't put the work into getting the time, and it just so happens that everyone that worked way harder than me just failed, I would feel like it was a fluked win. To use a non-cubing example, take Steven Bradbury's gold medal at the 2002 Winter Olympics. He was in no way a contender to win, but by a little accident that caused everyone who was faster than him and probably more deserved of the gold medal, he ended winning. He didn't deserve to win, but he did. It is what it is.

Just because a result is in your favor doesn't mean you deserved it. Life doesn't work that way, and it certainly doesn't in cubing. But it is what it is.