• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Looking For A New Puzzle

Epirus4399

I currently have 22 puzzles and I am looking for a new one or a few new ones. What would be the most fun puzzle to get that is less than $50? All input is much appreciated. *Preferably Non-WCA puzzles*

Epirus4399

It might help if you offered a list of what you already have.
I currently have 2x2 through 5x5 (multiple 3x3's), Rubik's Jr., Void Cube, X-Cube, Square 1, Skewb, Pyraminx, Mastermorphix, Megaminx, Rubik's Snake, Rubik's 360, iCube (the one with all the app icons on it), Sudoku Cube, and some picture cubes. As you can see, my collection could use a little improvement. Sorry I didn't put which ones I already have in the original post; I didn't think to do that.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I currently have 2x2 through 5x5 (multiple 3x3's), Rubik's Jr., Void Cube, X-Cube, Square 1, Skewb, Pyraminx, Mastermorphix, Megaminx, Rubik's Snake, Rubik's 360, iCube (the one with all the app icons on it), Sudoku Cube, and some picture cubes. As you can see, my collection could use a little improvement. Sorry I didn't put which ones I already have in the original post; I didn't think to do that.

Are there any of those that you enjoy more than others? If you like the megaminx and 5x5 you could try a Gigaminx or master Kilominx, but those would pretty much take up your entire budget for one. I personally enjoy bigger cubes, like 6x6 and 7x7, and those can be gotten reasonably cheaply anymore. I haven't gotten in to them much myself, but I know a lot of people like cuboids, like 2x2x3 or 3x4x5, or shape mods like a ghost cube. I had a Lan Lan 3x3 diamond for a little while, and that's a fun little shape mod, and very nice quality for not much money, too.

Epirus4399

Are there any of those that you enjoy more than others? If you like the megaminx and 5x5 you could try a Gigaminx or master Kilominx, but those would pretty much take up your entire budget for one. I personally enjoy bigger cubes, like 6x6 and 7x7, and those can be gotten reasonably cheaply anymore. I haven't gotten in to them much myself, but I know a lot of people like cuboids, like 2x2x3 or 3x4x5, or shape mods like a ghost cube. I had a Lan Lan 3x3 diamond for a little while, and that's a fun little shape mod, and very nice quality for not much money, too.
I like megaminx and 5x5 both. Other favorites would be the Square 1 and I LOVE the X-Cube. I will probably go for a cuboid or a Gigaminx. Thank you very much.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like megaminx and 5x5 both. Other favorites would be the Square 1 and I LOVE the X-Cube. I will probably go for a cuboid or a Gigaminx. Thank you very much.

One of my personal favorite cuboids is the 3x3x5; the shapeshifting one by Calvin's Puzzle, not the unproportional one. I find it super-fun to solve because it goes through many different steps that you wouldn't see all together on many other cubes. It's just a really fun solve overall. :)

The 3x3x9 is pretty cool too, although it definitely takes longer.

rokicki

I really enjoy the curvy copter. It's beautiful. And it's two puzzles; first you solve it without
jumbling, then you learn jumbling and scramble/solve it with jumbling.

Epirus4399

One of my personal favorite cuboids is the 3x3x5; the shapeshifting one by Calvin's Puzzle, not the unproportional one. I find it super-fun to solve because it goes through many different steps that you wouldn't see all together on many other cubes. It's just a really fun solve overall. :)

The 3x3x9 is pretty cool too, although it definitely takes longer.
I have been looking into getting a 3x3x5, but never knew which brand to get, so thank you for that. And, as for solving time length, when it comes to bigger puzzles, I like to take my time; it makes it more interesting than just trying to speedsolve it. Thank you for your input, and have a great day.

Epirus4399

I really enjoy the curvy copter. It's beautiful. And it's two puzzles; first you solve it without
jumbling, then you learn jumbling and scramble/solve it with jumbling.
Where would be a good place to buy it from?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Where would be a good place to buy it from?

Probably not Amazon. I've rarely had a good experience buying puzzles there. TheCubicle is good, but they are a little more expensive than someplace like lightake, cubezz, or one of the other Chinese outfits. Check the puzzle store section for other options. You'll probably get stuff faster from theCubicle than waiting for it to ship from china.

Which brand? I'm thinking Shengshou, but I don't know.

I have a SS mirror blocks, and it's fine. Not really a speed cube, but it turns smoothly enough. I can't really compare to any others. Personally I don't really enjoy it all that much, but that's just a individual preference.

Grace Chang

I currently have 22 puzzles and I am looking for a new one or a few new ones. What would be the most fun puzzle to get that is less than $50? All input is much appreciated. *Preferably Non-WCA puzzles*

I have a new style 3x3 Megaminx Speed Cube Puzzle with Carbon Fiber Sticker, if you like, I can introduce you more details.