• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KOII Cube Club (Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois)

mrpotatoman14

There's alot into making one happen like: getting the place approved, getting the timers, and prizes. What I mean by getting the place approved is that finding what building I can have the Competition in.
I know it's not easy, but why not at least look into it? There are definitely delegates that would come and I believe the delegate takes care of timers. I might be wrong about that though. Certain venues may do it for free even.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know it's not easy, but why not at least look into it? There are definitely delegates that would come and I believe the delegate takes care of timers. I might be wrong about that though. Certain venues may do it for free even.

The hardest part is finding the place that it will be in. For example, if you get a room with a capacity of 200 people and 150 people sign up and there will be very little room for them.

cubernya

Premium Member
The hardest part is finding the place that it will be in. For example, if you get a room with a capacity of 200 people and 150 people sign up and there will be very little room for them.

If you're expecting 150 competitors to show up to any competition (apart from Nats, continental champs, or Worlds), you're crazy

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's still very high for any local competition, I'd expect more like 50-100 tops including spectators unless you're in a densely populated cuber area like certain parts of the coasts.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's still very high for any local competition, I'd expect more like 50-100 tops including spectators unless you're in a densely populated cuber area like certain parts of the coasts.

The last Indiana competition had about 70 competitors; there were easily over 150 total people there. I'd guess there were a similar amount at New Albany last weekend. In areas where most of the competitors are not in college yet (which is generally true in the Midwest US), families tend to more than double the number of competitors.

I do suspect a Kentucky competition would be likely to be a little smaller, though.