Huge qqTimer Update!

Discussion in 'Software Area' started by qqwref, Dec 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

What kind of Android do you have?
    Touch events work just fine on iOS, but there are a bunch of subtle issues, so I stopped working on it.

2. Tim Major

Tim Major Platinum Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    WCA:
    2010MAJO01
    A low end discontinued HTC wildfire. It does it's job.
    Also I edited my post.

3. aronpm

aronpm Member

Sep 9, 2009
    I don't think the statistics are a RAM issue unless you don't have like 15KB of RAM to store the time/scramble/etc arrays (random-state 3x3/sq1 obviously wouldn't be included in a mobile release because it doesn't work. People have already tested Mark2 on mobile). The only thing is processing. The stats are only calculated once per solve, and to be honest it's not a lot of 'work', so there's no 'issue' that wouldn't exist already in jjtimer or justintime (or iOS apps like iitimer).

4. qqwref

qqwref Member

Dec 18, 2007
    a <script> tag near you
    WCA:
    2006GOTT01
    YouTube:
    qqwref2
    If you're using Firefox 9, this should be fixed now.

Still works for me, what happens for you?

What do you mean? If you're talking about the statistics, I changed it to make it more clear what was going on, and I'm sure you could get used to the change very quickly.

Hm, is that the main thing that would need to be changed? I was thinking in terms of a standalone app, but having an online version would work too. Anyway, I could make the time area into a big button that would start/stop the timer when clicked - that would probably work without changing the behavior of the other clickable things.

Oh, I see what you mean. Should be fixed now.

And yeah, statistics shouldn't be a problem the way they are now, since the more complicated scramblers take much more time and storage space. If you're really worried about memory, though, you could always try the minimal-ish version which doesn't use the space/time intensive 3x3 and square-1 scramblers.

5. samchoochiu

samchoochiu Member

Nov 23, 2011
    WCA:
    2010CHIU01
    YouTube:
    samchoochiu
    Does the inspection problem have something to do with me using the minimal version?

6. JianhanC

JianhanC Member

Jan 1, 2011
    WCA:
    2010CHOO02
    I really like the new qqtimer, the 'import time' function is most useful. But how do you download the 5 files in the first post to run it offline? I'm a complete noob when it comes to these stuff. And when I first open the new qqtimer, nothing happens when I press space, but I eventually got it to work after refreshing to page (I'm using IE). Oh, and btw, is it possible to set the 4x4 scrambles to the WCA notation by default? It's just troublesome to have to change the scramble type everytime I use the timer. Same goes for 5x5-7x7. Thanks qq for this update!

7. Zane_C

Zane_C Premium Member

Since the Firefox 9 issue has been fixed, I'm pleased to say that this timer is working very well! Thanks!

8. Hasn't been working last night and today:

[​IMG]

Windows 7, Chrome.

9. StachuK1992

StachuK1992 statue

Jul 24, 2008
    West Chester, PA
    WCA:
    2008KORI02
    YouTube:
    StachuK1992
    WCA inspection does not work in the minimal version, for me.

10. qqwref

qqwref Member

Dec 18, 2007
    a <script> tag near you
    WCA:
    2006GOTT01
    YouTube:
    qqwref2
    I did a small update, adding/modifying 3x3x4-3x3x7 scramblers and adding in 8x8x8, 9x9x9, and 11x11x11 scramblers (just in case!). Also, I pretty much rewrote the help file (megadoc.html) to take into account all the new scramblers and some of the new features.

It seems to work for me - can you provide the browser you're using and what part of it is broken?

11. StachuK1992

StachuK1992 statue

Jul 24, 2008
    West Chester, PA
    WCA:
    2008KORI02
    YouTube:
    StachuK1992
    Chrome 17.0.963.33 beta-m
    It says "using WCA inspection"
    It never has inspection, just skips it as if there's no such thing.

I've also tried this on "using no inspection" just to see. No change.

12. TheMachanga

TheMachanga Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Chicago, Illinois
    WCA:
    2010LECH01
    YouTube:
    TheMachanga
    Problem,

So I always use inverted colors. But since that was taken away, I have to do it manually, which is not a problem. Also, I always use it to enter times manually. Now, I make the background back, and the text white. Now the links are still dark blue, which doesn't look good, and I like it cyan, like the old one. So I make them cyan (note that I'm on the import times manually setting). Then I start putting in times, and it's working fine.

However, whenever I clear my session (reset), it goes back to timing with the spacebar, instead of importing them. So I open up the options, make it import manual, and then it goes back to that, but the "enter" is now dark blue. To fix this, I have to change the link color to a random color, the back to cyan for the "enter" to be the same as all the others. I have to do this a lot and it's annoying.

13. ^Don't worry about the "enter" being dark blue. It goes away after one solve.

mzrg.com/qqtimer still not working for me, using qqtimer.net.

14. qqwref

qqwref Member

Dec 18, 2007
    a <script> tag near you
    WCA:
    2006GOTT01
    YouTube:
    qqwref2
    Aha. This should be fixed now.

Oh, looks like it wasn't getting the right link color when it made that link. Should be fixed now.

Hm, a beta version newer than the official updated one. I don't like to install those because sometimes they have weird bugs that break stuff that ought to work. Would you be willing to poke around in the JavaScript console and see if any errors pop up?

That's weird, because they've been using the same HTML file for a while now...

15. StachuK1992

StachuK1992 statue

Jul 24, 2008
    West Chester, PA
    WCA:
    2008KORI02
    YouTube:
    StachuK1992
    No errors as far as I can see.

16. @uguste

@uguste Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Marseille, France
    WCA:
    2010OLIV01
    Could you update the qqtimer.net version ? The firefox 9 bug isn't fixed on this version.

17. qqwref

qqwref Member

Dec 18, 2007
    a <script> tag near you
    WCA:
    2006GOTT01
    YouTube:
    qqwref2
    StachuK: Sorry, don't know how to help you then without potentially ruining my Chrome install :|

@uguste: Actually, it is fixed. I'm guessing you need to refresh or clear your cache.

18. RyanReese09

RyanReese09 Premium Member

May 16, 2010
    Whiteford, MD, USA
    WCA:
    2010REES01
    YouTube:
    RyanReese09
    Just noticed that durign an AO100 PB, I had a 22DNF in there, and in stats it still said my worst time was a 17..

This was on the mzrg website, not qqtimer.net.

19. qqwref

qqwref Member

Dec 18, 2007
    a <script> tag near you
    WCA:
    2006GOTT01
    YouTube:
    qqwref2
    DNFs aren't counted for best or worst times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.