Huge qqTimer Update!

Discussion in 'Software Area' started by qqwref, Dec 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timeless

timeless Member

Mar 2, 2011
    CANADA
    YouTube:
    pstimeless
    wheres the scrambles of your average of 3?

2. joey

joey Member

Apr 8, 2007
    WCA:
    2007GOUL01
    YouTube:
    cardologist
    qqTimer doesn't keep the scrambles when you refresh the page, only the times.

3. samchoochiu

samchoochiu Member

Nov 23, 2011
    WCA:
    2010CHIU01
    YouTube:
    samchoochiu
    honestly I hate this new update. Not to be a hater, but what I loved most about the older qq timer was that your can just press F5 and you can do a new avg.
    Now I have to actually grab my mouse and click reset. I dont like doing avg of 12 so I often reset the timer and its annoying how I need to keep alternating between mouse and keyboard.
    Is there anyway to go back?

4. JasonK

JasonK Premium Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Melbourne, AUS
    WCA:
    2011KILB01
    http://www.speedsolving.com/timer/qqtimer.htm

5. Specs112

Specs112 Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Ithaca, NY
    WCA:
    2011ANDE03
  6. JasonK

JasonK Premium Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Melbourne, AUS
    WCA:
    2011KILB01
    Not a clue. Honestly I don't understand why you would want to use the old one over the new one, just showing where you could still find it.

7. qqwref

qqwref Member

Dec 18, 2007
    a <script> tag near you
    WCA:
    2006GOTT01
    YouTube:
    qqwref2
    I put up a slightly more minimal version at qqtimer.net/minimal. It's the same as the normal one except that it doesn't save sessions, change stylesheets, or use the newer (and somewhat slow) random state 3x3x3 and Square-1 scramblers. So it should be better for those who are used to the older version.

8. Lid

Lid Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Sweden
    WCA:
    2008LIDS01
    qqTimer + FF9.0.1 = total fail, nothing happens when you press space.

9. joey

joey Member

Apr 8, 2007
    WCA:
    2007GOUL01
    YouTube:
    cardologist
    Firefox has a (hilarious) bug :p

qqwref: to fix it ^ just do
    Code:
    window.onkeydown = function(event) {checkKey(event.keyCode); };
    window.onkeyup = function(event) {startTimer(event.keyCode); };

Instead of:
    Code:
    <body onkeyup="startTimer(event.keyCode);" onkeydown="checkKey(event.keyCode);"

10. NSKuber

NSKuber Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Novosibirsk, Russia
    WCA:
    2011OBLA01
    YouTube:
    NSKuber
    This was probably asked manymany times, but is it possible to make this timer usable on mobile device(Android)? It's very good, but it's almost impossible to run and stop timer.

11. It would be so awesome and convenient if eventually you could save times for each specific puzzle.

12. JyH

JyH Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Massachusetts
    WCA:
    2011HORI01
    Is there any reason why my timer won't start anymore?

EDIT: It seems to be working for my friend...

13. aronpm

aronpm Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Firefox 9

14. otsyke

otsyke Member

Jul 29, 2009
    i noticed the firefox 9 bug in the mid-november beta (and pointed out). A lot of web timers are affected.

Waiting the fix, as a workaround, you can focus one of the textboxes in the timer options and then use the space key normally.

15. qqwref

qqwref Member

Dec 18, 2007
    a <script> tag near you
    WCA:
    2006GOTT01
    YouTube:
    qqwref2
    Firefox automatically upgraded me to version 9 >.< So I fixed the FF9 bug.

Also, I changed "suboptimal random state" to just "random state" everywhere, because of this discussion.

Unfortunately, I don't have an Android, or the development software/account. So it probably won't happen unless someone else does it (or buys me the stuff I'd need).

That would be interesting, but I'd have to think about how that would actually work and whether it'd be reasonable... I don't want to use too much space, and there are issues with what exactly counts as a different puzzle (for instance, new and old style 3x3 shouldn't, but <R,U> and <F,R,U> should...). So I'll consider it, but it mgiht not happen.

16. samchoochiu

samchoochiu Member

Nov 23, 2011
    WCA:
    2010CHIU01
    YouTube:
    samchoochiu
    [I hate the 'new' qqtimer]
    The damn timer never starts. I cant do wca inspection anymore and all the functions are switched. I demand you to change it back.

It went from my FAVORITE timer to the worst timer ever.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  17. Hershey

Hershey Member

Apr 23, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    WCA:
    2010SHRI02
    http://www.speedsolving.com/timer/qqtimer.htm
    Problem solved? Now f*** off.

18. masterofthebass

masterofthebass Premium Member

May 13, 2007
    Denver, CO
    WCA:
    2007COHE01
    YouTube:
    masterofthebass
    You have an iPhone though so you can test if it you really want to. All it needs to work as a mobile version is an area that responds to touch. You can even just test it with a mouse! I had at one point made the timing <td> respond to onmousedown() and onmouseup() which worked sort of ok for mobile devices, but you may have another idea for implementing it.

You can see a variation here. I added another row to the main table so that I could use my trackpad for start stop when i wasn't using an external keyboard.

19. I solve with Stackmat, so I enter in my times manually. Would it be possible to change it back to saving my preferences for entering in times?
    Thanks.

20. Tim Major

Tim Major Platinum Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    WCA:
    2010MAJO01
    I'm not sure how well this would run, but what about just swapping space to left click? (Android)
    Also making all calculations wait until you press calculate, such as average of 5, etc, to save on RAM.
    If you were really interested you could download an android simulator for testing, but in the end, it has no benefit for you, so it wouldn't be a very ec
    exciting project, or one which would receive updates.
    Aron? You have an Android phone... :p

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.