How do people get so good so quick

Discussion in 'Cubing Help & Questions' started by The Torrent, Oct 11, 2017.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Sub 1 minute.

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. 1-2 minutes

23 vote(s)
    35.9%
  3. 2-5 minutes

20 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. 5-15 minutes.

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. 15 minutes+

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. Couldn’t solve it.

9 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. JustinTimeCuber

JustinTimeCuber Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Webster Groves, MO
    WCA:
    2013BARK01
    Yeah, he improved relatively quickly, but he doesn't look like he's averaged sub 10 for very long

2. I said "like 8" not sub 8 so if he averaged closer to 8.9 than my statement would be correct even if that wasnt true I think he was sub 10 in less than 2 years

3. asacuber

asacuber Member

Nov 4, 2015
    India
    WCA:
    2015SANT44
    YouTube:
    /channel/UC5znrjIR5WXZMlAubzUAG-w
    Even I get demotivated a bit when i compare my improvement pace with those of others bet then i realize that I should just concentrate on MYSELF.

Its been almost 4 yrs since I solve my first cube and I avg like low-high 11

4. Aerma

Aerma Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Right here
    I've been cubing for over 4 years and I average about 13 seconds

5. Feliks claims to have got to sub10 in 18 months, I average 14 after about 5 years but you have it easy, I went nearly two years with Rubik's

6. Zerksies

Zerksies Member

Jul 6, 2017
    New Jersey
    After 10 years I'm sub 20, But i do have hand issues and could never be that fast. But if accounted for the issues i probably be sub 10

7. I didn't read all the posts above, but I think a lot of it is not only how often you practice, but what you are practicing. If you really struggle with Lookahead (like me), then working on that would be a good place to start. Also, the method you use; that's also fairly important. But mostly practice with what you are struggling, and then once you master that, move on the next thing that needs work.

8. pglewis

pglewis Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Cincinnati
    WCA:
    2016LEWI07
    It took me roughly 34 years from my first solve to sub 1 min :D.

9. DhruvA

DhruvA Member

Dec 23, 2016
    WCA:
    2015AROR05
    YouTube:
    D Cuber
    I first solved a 3x3 in July 2015.
    My first timed solve was 25 minutes
    Next day, 3 minutes
    and that week I got sub 2
    Now I average around 11-12 seconds
    I did improve pretty quickly in the beginning but now I have slowed down a bit.

10. cros107

cros107 Member

Aug 3, 2017
    My first timed solve was around 2:30 after a few untimed solves. Within a couple days I was sub 1:30 and a few days after that I hit my first sub 1 time. It really just depends on how much you cube IMO- I was on a school trip in China at the time and had tons of time to solve on the train every day.