Homeschool Cubers Thread

Discussion in 'General Speedcubing Discussion' started by Competition Cuber, Jun 2, 2017.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Benjamin Warry

Benjamin Warry Member

Jul 20, 2017
    near Brisbane
  2. Hero

Jul 25, 2017
    Rubricle Labs
    I hav my first comp coming up in a little under 3 weeks. What will get me optimal times and improvement in this short period of time?

WombatWarrior17 likes this.
  3. WombatWarrior17

WombatWarrior17 Member

Sep 17, 2016
    Don't burn yourself out by doing too many solves, but you should try to stay warmed up at the comp.
    And try to stay calm during the comp.
    Don't learn too many new algs, and just practice.

4. Benjamin Warry

Benjamin Warry Member

Jul 20, 2017
    near Brisbane
    Constantly focus on your weaknesses and don't learn to much in the week leading up to the comp. You should also check out Brody the cuber's video, "how to get faster on 3x3.

5. Hero

Jul 25, 2017
    Rubricle Labs
    thanks guys

6. WombatWarrior17

WombatWarrior17 Member

Sep 17, 2016
    You're welcome!

Benjamin Warry likes this.
  7. Hero

Jul 25, 2017
    Rubricle Labs
    Another thing- What is the best "learnable" thing to do? I practice a lot every day, but I want to find something I could learn. I kno full CFOP, so I'm looking for suggestions.

8. WombatWarrior17

WombatWarrior17 Member

Sep 17, 2016
    What sub sets do you know? You should also learn good f2l algs for some cases.

9. Benjamin Warry

Benjamin Warry Member

Jul 20, 2017
    near Brisbane
    Checkout Chris Olson's advanced F2L tutorial.

10. Hero

Jul 25, 2017
    Rubricle Labs
  11. Hero

Jul 25, 2017
    Rubricle Labs
    I kno a bit of VLS, all algs for the UF position.​

12. WombatWarrior17

WombatWarrior17 Member

Sep 17, 2016
    I guess just keep learning VLS and figure out what things you need to work on, it's kinda hard to tell someone what to work on since everyone learns different things at different times.

13. you need some nervousness. the trick is to not think about doing bad but still keep an edge.......

Try not to think/bother about the people watching you and you should be able to focus better on the solve. Also, don't get too anxious about your timings, it'll just make you more nervous, which might actually result in slower solves. Perhaps practicing with friends more often will help you get used to cubing under pressure. I've not taken part in any competitions as of now and am certainly not an "expert" but still, I hope that helps :)

14. Hero

Jul 25, 2017
    Rubricle Labs
    Competition coming in less than 2 weeks. I'm about 3 seconds slower color neutral. Should I adapt to color neutrality?

15. Mastermind2368

Mastermind2368 Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Home
    WCA:
    2015FOXC01
    YouTube:
    MASTERMIND2368
    Not for the comp. You could choke on a 1 move blue cross and be nervous.

Competition Cuber likes this.
  16. Mingler_65071

Mingler_65071 Member

Jun 5, 2017
    The Andromeda Galaxy
    WCA:
    2016OCAE01
    You should practice with this competitions arent always quiet. prepare yourself for the worst (but like, not if there will be a fire. stay realistic) and believe in yourself

17. BCcubes

BCcubes Member

Sep 14, 2017
    I'm a homeschool cuber. I actually learned to solve to kill my boredom with something other than playing Skyrim for 5+ hours a day, almost. Now I cube almost 5+ hours a day.

18. thats good........:)