• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hi! My name is Claudio Garanzini, from Venice Italy

Hi guys! Hwere to find a race for the mirror cube? Like the subx race with the normal 3x3? It would be nice having one race for this fantastic cube! Thanks a lot!

Duncan Bannon

I could make one if you'd like. Or you could compete in any of the normal race to sub x threads for 3x3 and just state you are using a mirror cube.

Thank you so much! It could be a great challenge having a thread to compete and talk about the mirror. An other question. Why the WCA doesn't have the mirror cube as part of theyr events? I think it's a great cubing for all people, blind or not! Thanks for your help! By the way: my first ever timed solve of the mirror is 14.45.69. It's high, I know, but it is my first attempt.

Duncan Bannon

Would you like for me to make one? That's fine by me. It is a good event, and its in the "running" to be added. But currently its looking like it will be awhile before an event is added.

Yes please, can you create it? For me it's ok! I hope others can join the mirror cube race. Thank you again!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! I sow the thread and the times; you are really fast, guys; I have a 13 minutes PB but.... It'll take me a long time and a different method. This is the kind of challenges I love!

Hi all! So, I'm having fun with my mirror cube and was wondering if there are other puzles like mirror cube you could suggest. What a blind person could solve other than the mirror cube itself or the Blind touch cube? Thanks for your suggestions. Bye for now

Kumato

You could try the ghost cube, however it is extremely hard to solve even by seeing it. If you feel like that one is too hard (But I would not know, since I don't own one), you could try the ghost 2x2.

Hi all, guys! So I've bought a Ghost Cube; it is fantastic, really; the only problem is that.... Hmmmmm... I can't solve it! Last night, I wanted to know how to turn the faces but i destroyed de original cube and now I'm totally lost! I don't know what are centers, corners and edges in this cube! Do you have any suggestions? I'm totally blind but I know that with this kind of cube the colors aren't the problem; :)). In the ghost cube everything turns! How to do it? An other issue I have, is understanding how to turn faces because it's not really like a 3x3; it's really hard "seeing" and identify the faces. aPlease, help me for at least the first steps so that I could then continue alone! Anyway, the ghost cube is a beast and it's really a must; I love it. Maybe it could be my preferred cube so far! Thank you a lot, guys! Bye for now!

Last edited:
Hi all! Here an other question for you, guys! So, having the Ghost and the Mirror cubes, are there any other shape mods that can be solved using only the shapes and not the colours? I've heard about the Axes and the Metamorfix but I think they are based on colours, is it right? So, any suggestions? Thanks a lot again for your help! Bye for now!

Elifire12

Ok guys, sorry but it seems I can't edit my past posts, so I'm writting again! I've visited the race thread; it seems I'm not at those level of speed solving! :) I'm still in between four and five minutes or more. I don't know how to fix a goal. Could you help me, please? Thanks a lot!

You could try learn CFOP... it is a really fast method and probably the most common method used around speedcubers. I am from Italy too soooooo.....

Se stai capendo quello che dico, piacere di conoscerti, io sono Elias e faccio speedcubing da qualche anno... Mi dispiace molto il fatto che tu non possa vederci, e sono molto impressionato da persone come te, che non si fanno fermare da certe bariere. Complimenti.

Hi guys, here I am again after a while. So, after many tests I've elected my the Rubics Touch my preferred cube! I've tryed to solve the Ghostcube but it's really very hard; I like also the mirror cube but I've learned the best and had my PB only with my Rubics Touch. I hope to comeback and race in some subs races you have in this great comunity! I' now solving using a sort of mix between the CFOP and the layers methods! I would like to try other methods like the one for the Blindfold; could you suggest me some methods and tutorials on those? I know there is a method in wich you have just an algh for the edges and one for the angles and there are setup moves to do; could you help me on how this method is? Thanks again and sorry for my continous questions! :))

Claudio

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice! What are your times? Here is a link to where I learnt Old Pochmann, a BLD method. It might be a bit hard translating the colours, but you should do fine, just following along.
LINK. Ignore the memo technique, for obvious reasons, just look/feel what the buffer is after every piece solved.

Last edited:

porkynator

WCA
2011TRON02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys, here I am again after a while. So, after many tests I've elected my the Rubics Touch my preferred cube! I've tryed to solve the Ghostcube but it's really very hard; I like also the mirror cube but I've learned the best and had my PB only with my Rubics Touch. I hope to comeback and race in some subs races you have in this great comunity! I' now solving using a sort of mix between the CFOP and the layers methods! I would like to try other methods like the one for the Blindfold; could you suggest me some methods and tutorials on those? I know there is a method in wich you have just an algh for the edges and one for the angles and there are setup moves to do; could you help me on how this method is? Thanks again and sorry for my continous questions! :))

Claudio

Hi Claudio,
As PetrusQuber said the method you are looking for is called Old Pochmann. I don't know the tutorial he linked, but I bet it's good.
If you prefer something in Italian, I have written this one a long time ago (link: http://porkynator.altervista.org/guidabld.pdf). The method I explain there is a variation of Old Pochmann that uses only one algorithm (J perm), but the basic principle is exactly the same. The setup moves are a little bit more complicated.
Greetings from Belluno :)