• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hey everyone. Any cubers in the GTA or Ontario?

VooX

Looking to find out where some fellow speedcubers live. Anyone on these forums from the GTA or Ontario say hello.

My name is VooX and I live in Toronto in the Riverdale area.

:)

Last edited:

Tysun Arsenal

Hey VooX,

I live in the East end of Toronto.
I've been speed cubing for about 3 months and
my best time is 25.33 seconds.
I DON'T use Fridrich and I've only learned half of
the OLL and PLL moves.
I'd like to meet more cubers from Toronto.

Protest

ur not even in canada....im in guelph :D been cubing about 2 months, fridrich. my best time is 25, but my i think it was a timer malfunction/lag. my avg is 40.32, and my best that isnt sketchy is 34 :'(

VooX

Good to hear from everyone

Thanks for saying hello. Even if you are not from Toronto or Ontario :D

As long as everyone is posting progress:
-I am learning PLL
-Haven't learned OLL,
-I have learned Fridrich F2L! Just working on state recognition now for F2L and seeing moves in advance.

Personal best times were set this week (3x3).

single solve: 39.20 ; 39.53 ; 42.26 .
average (20 solves): 49 sec.

The first time I have ever broke 40 sec. and I did it twice in a row.

I hope to see everyone at the end of November for the Toronto tournament.

It will be great to meet and talk to fellow cubers especially those from Canada.

PS.- Is it unusual to learn Fridrich F2L fully before learning OLL/PLL fully?

Habs

London, Ontario here. Last post in 2007... my odds don't look good lol.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm currently in Oshawa, Ontario. I've only been solving for a couple months and I haven't really practiced too much. I haven't even started to learn Friedrich. I'm still using the basic beginner keyhole type method. My PB is 26.68 though and my avg is right around 40 seconds now usually.

tarandeep5

WCA
2014MITT02
London, Ontario here. Last post in 2007... my odds don't look good lol.

I saw this thread before, but I didn't want to reply to it since it was so old. Thank you for taking the initiative and doing that! (Even though it's been 3 months xD) As for me, I live in York Region and had my first competition three months ago. I'm just taking the first few steps to learning CFOP, and now averaging 35 seconds. I'm also going to the TOF later this month.

Last edited:
I

IAmEpic2004

Yeah, I realized I didn't want to post where I live :p Let's just say south of London (Ontario, not England)

Last edited by a moderator: