• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello from the Netherlands.

AidanOCC

Hi!

My name is Aidan and I've bought my first 3x3x3 just a little over 3 weeks ago.

I've seen a lot of posts on here (and YouTube) of people saying they're beginners and already sub 60. Well, my pb is 2 min 29 s.

However! I am (becoming) pretty obsessed with speedcubing. So I'm practicing every day to get better, one step, turn and solve at the time.

The only cuber I know is my classmate so I'm hoping to get in touch with other cubers.

Thanks for reading!

Solvador Cubi

Welcome Aidan,

What method have you started with? The Rubik's beginner method?

there are many discussions here and info on the wiki about so many different methods.

If you're interested in CFOP, I'll post some info for you about the simple methods for it that I assembled.

Solvador

AidanOCC

Hi Solvador,

I've started with this method I found on a Dutch website. I think it's the beginner method but I haven't encounterd the last two steps anywhere else yet.
White cross, insert corners, insert edges, yellow cross, move the corners to the right position and then turning them yellow side up.

But I've actually also started using some algorithms my friend taught me. So I've been mix and matching.

I've recently started looking for CFOP tutorials on YouTube and right now I'm just practicing F2L. I'm still really slow trying to figure out centrain pairs. So yeah, I'm certainly interested in CFOP and I'd like to read the info you've assembled.

Thanks!

Aidan