[Member Intro] Hello from Boston!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by AKASecret, Nov 13, 2017 at 7:18 PM.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. AKASecret

AKASecret Member

Monday
    Boston, MA
    Hi!

I've been trying to beat my 47 second record using different methods. I had been using the beginner's method, so now I'm learning CFOP to improve my time. Currently I'm trying to figure out which PLL I like the best, then I'll work on some finger tricks to get faster.

I'm a SharePoint Designer/Programmer/Analyst by day, a Residential Redeveloper by night (I buy houses!) and a Revver+ by night-night. Unfortunately I haven't had much time for anything but my three jobs, but if I did, I would be cubing, playing video games, clubbing, contra dancing, snowboarding, and doing various arts and crafts.

Favorite cube resources:
    Online Tool
    3 Different F2L Scenarios
    Beginner's Method, but I still use it for OLL. I really need a better way to do this.
    PLL

Honestly, I just joined because I thought this was the account I needed to contribute to the Wiki. Apparently not. But here I am, and maybe someone can help me out. I tried to log in to edit the PLL page, but it keeps saying "There is no user by the name ___", even though I'm logged into both Wikipedia, MediaWiki and here. Is it only an administrator privilege or something? Is it not actually connected to Wikipedia or MediaWiki even though the About page says it is? On the About page, it says "Click here to sign up." but the link takes you to a page that says "No such special page." This is the only thread I found that was remotely close to what I was looking for, but it still doesn't answer my question.

Happy cubing!

Ordway Persyn likes this.
  2. Tabe

Tabe Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Spokane, WA (USA)
    YouTube:
    CoachTabe
    Welcome to the site.

I'm a former SharePoint admin myself.

AKASecret likes this.
  3. Sue Doenim

Sue Doenim Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Welcome! I think membership on the wiki is a totally different deal, and you have to make a separate account from any of those. But I might be wrong.

AKASecret likes this.
  4. greentgoatgal

greentgoatgal Member

Feb 6, 2017
    NC
    Welcome to SS :)

Why do you want to edit the PLL page?

AKASecret likes this.
  5. AKASecret

AKASecret Member

Monday
    Boston, MA
    I was just going to make the YouTube links open in a new tab lol. Nothing major.