Guoguan Yuexiao Pro Spring Swap

Discussion in 'Hardware Area' started by Abare Killer, Oct 11, 2017.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Abare Killer

Abare Killer Member

Oct 29, 2016
    I found that the spring on the Guoguan Yuexiao Pro is not very good so I'm wondering if anyone knows a good replacement for it?

2. aybuck37

aybuck37 Member

Feb 11, 2016
    WCA:
    2015BUCK03
    Setting it up makes it better.

3. Zerksies

Zerksies Member

Jul 6, 2017
    New Jersey
    Did you lube the core?

4. lejitcuber

lejitcuber Member

Nov 20, 2014
    WCA:
    2014JAYE01
    YouTube:
    Quicker Cubing
    Weilong GTS v1 springs work well to make it loads faster and a little more unstable

5. IMG_5607.JPG The original Yuexiao springs work well. You can see it compared to the Pro version. The Pro, on the left, though shorter, is made of a thicker, stronger gauge wire. The original Yuexiao is a thinner gauge.

Or any lighter spring works well.

6. Abare Killer

Abare Killer Member

Oct 29, 2016

7. Though I haven't tried it myself, someone did tell me they successfully used the MF3RS springs in the Yuexiao Pro.

8. Draranor

Draranor Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Arkansas
    WCA:
    2016REIC01
    I did the spring swap with the yuexiao springs in the yuexiao pro, and it's pretty good. I'm not sure it's better, just a little different. The pro springs are pretty good in the original yuexiao too

DMCubing likes this.