Footwear in Feet Solving

Discussion in 'WCA Regulations' started by Spencer131, Jan 10, 2018.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Spencer131

Spencer131 Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Regulation D1b says: "During the solve, the competitor must use only their feet and the surface to operate the puzzle. Penalty: disqualification of the attempt (DNF)."

So does this mean we aren't allowed to wear any kind of footwear?

2. DGCubes

DGCubes Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Over there
    WCA:
    2013GOOD01
    YouTube:
    DGCubes
    Well... "2h) Competitors must be fully dressed while in the competition venue. At the discretion of the WCA Delegate, competitors may be disqualified from the competition for inappropriate clothing."

You could argue that you're not fully dressed without socks/shoes on. Technically you could argue that all feet solves are invalid; either you're not wearing footwear (which makes you not fully dressed), or you're operating the cube with your footwear. :p

Actually though, I'm pretty sure footwear is allowed, even though it is quite ambiguous. I don't think it'd give you any advantage though.

3. I don't know if this means that you can't wear shoes, but I don't think you can start timers with shoes on anyway.

E: Also that this was a joke probably means that you can wear shoes. But again, I don't think the timer would start

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Lucas Garron likes this.
  4. FastCubeMaster

FastCubeMaster Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    WCA:
    2015PEAR02
    YouTube:
    FastCubeMaster
    I think it just means no other body part or object other than your feet and the surface can be used to solve on, but as was just said shoes wouldn't really work either.

5. CarterK

CarterK Member

Oct 19, 2017
    WCA:
    2015KUCA01
    YouTube:
    channel/UCKY9uCII2wIfPmLidA_KXMA
    The bolded part is important.

DGCubes likes this.
  6. AlphaSheep

AlphaSheep Member

Nov 11, 2014