• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CubingUSA Nationals 2018 - Salt Lake City, Utah (July 27-29)

U

Underwatercuber

Is it possible to get notice of the necessary qualifying times prior to the website going up? I've got a comp coming up soon and want to know what I should be aiming for.
Just get good times on everything and you shouldn’t have a problem :) you could always look at last years times and they should be around there.

Bob

Premium Member
WCA
2003BURT01
Is it possible to get notice of the necessary qualifying times prior to the website going up? I've got a comp coming up soon and want to know what I should be aiming for.
You should be aiming to do your best.

The qualification times will be posted on the website when ready.

Gomorrite

This is pure speculation, but assuming competitor limit might be similar to last year's and considering the popularity of speedcubing in US did not grow in 2017 as much as it did in 2015 and 2016 (judging by number of WCA competitors), I would say it is likely that qualifying times will only be a bit lower than last year.

Aerospry

Do you have to have official times that qualify for Nationals before registering? I haven't gone to a comp yet, but would love to register for NATS ASAP. I know I will qualify at a comp I'm going to in January, but I would love to register before it fills up.

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you have to have official times that qualify for Nationals before registering? I haven't gone to a comp yet, but would love to register for NATS ASAP. I know I will qualify at a comp I'm going to in January, but I would love to register before it fills up.
Yes you will need to have official times before you register. You don't need to worry about it filling up though. Last year It filled up in May iirc.

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do you know? Doesn't it mostly work so that they remove people who didn't make the qualification time at a set date?
They did that for worlds and I forgot they did.

Then again, Worlds filled up in 1-2 weeks
But that was almost the same amount of people from the whole world. 1000 people in the world vs 800 people in the US.