• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubicle Gan SM

Zerksies

What a rip off $60. They are charging you $3 if you want to change the stock nuts from blue to whatever color nut you want. Besides that it looks like they just lube the thing resticker and send it out

Draranor

Premium Member
WCA
2016REIC01
What a rip off $60. They are charging you $3 if you want to change the stock nuts from blue to whatever color nut you want. Besides that it looks like they just lube the thing resticker and send it out
Tensioning, lubing, and stickering are the things they do to every pro shop cube. The price is reasonable considering you're paying for extra materials, labor, and the fact that the base cube is $50.

also, gans stickers are already really high quality and im pretty sure that the other GES don't come with it
Gan stickers are high quality, yes. But so are the cubicle's. Plus you get more customization with that. According to the product page, it does in fact come with the rest of the GES v2 nuts

heyitsconnor

WCA
2017LIUC10
Tensioning, lubing, and stickering are the things they do to every pro shop cube. The price is reasonable considering you're paying for extra materials, labor, and the fact that the base cube is $50.

Gan stickers are high quality, yes. But so are the cubicle's. Plus you get more customization with that. According to the product page, it does in fact come with the rest of the GES v2 nuts

Well, how do you justify the fact that it costs an extra $3 to change the base GES nut?

Well, how do you justify the fact that it costs an extra $3 to change the base GES nut?
As far as I know, nobody is forcing you to buy it, so dont hate. People dont hate on cubes like the proshop gts2, and thats $12 more then the stock. It doesnt make sense to only charge 3-4 bucks more because then thecubicle wouldn't profit.

Zerksies

I hate on the pro shop or set-up cubes in general (including scs cosmic) because imo it's not worth it and cubers should learn to set up cubes the way they like them, not the way others like them
Kinda agree with the statement to a point. But when you wanna get a big cube that's magnetized and i really don't want to spend the time magnetizing it. The premium is kinda worth it. But them cubes still needed a ton of work after i got them

NooberCuber

For me, the pro shop and lab cubes are worth the extra cost because it saves me tons of time. I know how to set up cubes, but I don’t generally have the time to do so.
As a college student who works full time, I barely have time to sit down and practice as it is . So having an option like cubicle pro shop, where I can get a cube ready to go out of the box is great. As others have said, if you don’t agree with the prices, then don’t buy them.

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07

Let's say you consider your personal time being worth $60/hr, for the sake of easy math. If it takes you more than three minutes to change them out then you're spending more than $3 of what your own time is worth. Just one simple way to justify it.

qwertycuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you think it's a waste, of money, don't buy it. Others will think it's not a waste. It's all personal value, and telling people something is a rip off when you are not considering all the facts, is kind of like fake news.