• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubers in Chicago Illinois

anair99

Hello, I am a new member. Looking for cubing clubs for my 10yr old around Chicagoland area. He is very interested in getting into some competition on 3x3. He currently averages about 1min. I am encouraging him to practice more. Please let me know if there are cubing clubs around this area. Thank you.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
April 30, madison wisconsin. "Clock N' Other Stuff":

https://www.cubingusa.com/ClockNOtherStuff2016/index.php

There is also a pretty frequent competition in Dixon once or twice every year. There was one in feb, and I don't know when the next one will be. There was also one in indiana and wisconsin a little ago.

You can check out the wca competition on their website:

https://www.worldcubeassociation.or...region=USA&years=current&search=&display=List

and find any other competitions that would work for you.

anair99

Thank you!

Thank you GenTheThief!! This was very helpful. We will look out for these competitions. I am surprised that there are none in the Chicagoland area.

Hello, I am a new member. Looking for cubing clubs for my 10yr old around Chicagoland area. He is very interested in getting into some competition on 3x3. He currently averages about 1min. I am encouraging him to practice more. Please let me know if there are cubing clubs around this area. Thank you.
I have a 12 year old speed cuber in McHenry County, just NW of the city. I am looking for a group for him to join, or I would be willing to start one. We are willing to travel, or I run a swim school that has an event room that could be used for meetings free of charge!

kprox1994

WCA
2017PAAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a 12 year old speed cuber in McHenry County, just NW of the city. I am looking for a group for him to join, or I would be willing to start one. We are willing to travel, or I run a swim school that has an event room that could be used for meetings free of charge!

There was 2 competitions recently in Chicago, one in September and one in October, There's a Dixon Competition the first weekend in December which would be less than 2 hours from you.

cubemom

I know this post is old but my 10 year old is also looking for cubing clubs in the Chicago area. Did you ever find one?