• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubealot.com - Cube Price Comparison

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://cubealot.com/

Hopefully it makes easier to find good prices for cubes. It's not finished, it only searchs in 10 stores and there are less than 70 cubes added for now (and it can't see if a cube is sold out, and there are probably still some bugs).

Zcube.vip
Cubezz.com
LighTake.com
TheCubicle.us
SpeedCubeShop.com
SpeedCube.com.au
ThePuzzleStore.uk
CANcube.ca
MasKeCubos.com
CubingOutLoud.com

USD
EUR
GBP
CAD
AUD

Prices are converted using an online tool, so they'll be approximate.
Zcube.vip (EUR)
Cubezz.com (USD)
LighTake.com (USD)
TheCubicle.us (USD)
SpeedCubeShop.com (USD)
SpeedCube.com.au (AUD)
ThePuzzleStore.uk (GBP)
CANcube.ca (CAD)
MasKeCubos.com (EUR)
CubingOutLoud.com (USD)

I'll be adding more cubes and I'll try to add more stores and currencies soon. I'll have to add a search function also once there are too many cubes. Maybe in the future I'll add price alerts (or price history graphs).

You can add a cube to the wishlist (http://cubealot.com/Wishlist) (look for a + sign in the cube page). I'll try to make it also possible to remove stores you might not be interested in.

Last edited:

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's one of the other five I know, I will try to add them all.

cubelelo.com
puzzlesdeingenio.com
cubedepotusa.com
corner-twist.com
championscubestore.com

Any more?

Reactions: Dom

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's cool that the lowest price is shown next to the puzzle and if you click on that price, it takes you to the website that has that lowest price. But would it be possible to also have the name of the cube shop next to that price on the main page in parentheses? That way, we can see what cube shop has those prices without having to click on it.
The reason is because I want to get an idea of which puzzles I would be able to buy all from the same shop to save on shipping.

But seriiusly, it's amazing. This is such a neat tool!

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sure, done.

ZC = Zcube.vip
CZZ = Cubezz.com
LT = LighTake.com
TC = TheCubicle.us
SCS = SpeedCubeShop.com
TPS = ThePuzzleStore.uk
SCA = SpeedCube.com.au
CAN = CANcube.ca
MKC = MasKeCubos.com
COL = CubingOutLoud.com

Reactions: Dom

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
The only thing that may complicate things would be the various shipping costs as some like Cubezz offer free shipping which can make a difference to final costs.

However as the app is now it is awesome. It gives you a good pointer. I like it a lot.

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
Thanks!

I don't know if it would be possible to add shipping costs, even if it is it would be too difficult, so not gonna happen I guess.
I would imagine that adding shipping costs would be a problem seeing as everyone uses different methods and rates etc. which also change depending on sizes of parcels etc... It's just something to bear in mind when looking at costs.

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been adding a few more cubes (now there are 90), also:

- I've added 3 more stores (and removed MasKeCubos.com because it was giving me some problems and it doesn't have many of the newer cubes):
PCubed.in
MagicCubeMall.com
KubeKings.com

- And more currencies:
INR - Indian rupee
JPY - Japanese yen
RUB - Russian ruble
BRL - Brazilian real
CNY - Renmimbi (Chinese yuan)
MXN - Mexican peso

- There are now pages for each store, listing all the cubes at that store (e.g. http://cubealot.com/TC)

- I've added a page that shows the latest (50) cubes that have been added to the site (http://cubealot.com/Latest)

Next I'll add the possibility of hiding some stores, and then probably a search form once the number of cubes is high enough.

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@CornerCutter I added CubeDepotUSA.com (some time ago), I'll add the sorting by price in a few weeks probably.

Boring update:
- 250+ cubes now.
- Added 3 more stores (CubeDepotUSA.com and also SpeedcubesCanada.com and Tribox.com).
- Site should load a bit faster now.

Main thing I'll be working on next will be adding historical price graphs.