• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Explorer for Mac OS X

SMP

WCA
2014VOVA01
I recently made Cube Explorer work for Mac OS X, here's the link if anyone needs/wants it.

I basically took Cube Explorer (Windows version, HTM) and used Wine to patch it.

Warning: the file is quite large (about 600 MB), so make sure you have enough space to run it.

Proof: Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 6.30.41 PM.jpg

Download: CubeExplorerHTM2.dmg

NOTE: I don't own Cube Explorer, I just wanted to make it easier for Mac users to use it.

EDIT: I don't know if this works for 10.8 or lower, so if it doesn't work, sorry.

Last edited:

okayama

WCA
2009OKAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would it be possible to copy & paste? I want to paste some scramble to the field "Enter Maneuver" or
copy the solution of CE to somewhere.
Use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V (instead of Cmd-C and Cmd-V).
Thanks, Ctrl-V works fine. :)
But I couldn't copy the solution displayed in the left window, because I couldn't highlight the text...

cuBerBruce

WCA
2006NORS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It doesn't work for me (on Lion). I get a message box saying:

Code:
Winetricks cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure Winetricks works with this version of Mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X.

Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

Thanks, Ctrl-V works fine. :)
But I couldn't copy the solution displayed in the left window, because I couldn't highlight the text...

Late but hopefully not too late:
Right-click the cube near the solution. From the popup menu you can select "Copy Solver to Clipboard"

Hazel

Premium Member
Sorry for the bump! Cube Explorer has stopped working on my Mac - I open it, and it closes right away. I tried re-downloading and installing it, but that didn't work. Is this a problem with the latest version of Mac? Should I just switch to something like ksolve?