• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
Seems I have the same problem now :-( Cleared the cookies related to CSTimer last night and now I just get a blank screen :-(

It works fine on another machine, just not my home laptop. I even tried to clear all browser cache and cookies and I still have the same problem.
Looks like I managed to sort the problem out. Had to go into my IE settings and delete content and cookies there as well. Only then in Chrome did CSTimer want to load again.

backus

I was interested in theming more of CSTimer than it lets you configure so I created a chrome extension. You can check it out here:

Chrome Web Store - CSTimer Makeover

Here are a few screenshots:

Main View

42O4NhR.png

Settings

ewtU4Ik.png

backus

Woah! That is really cool!! I'm going to download that pronto. But can you transfer times from the Regular Cstimer? Or do they not change at all

Glad you like it! All of your times should still work. This is just a theme that is applied on top of cstimer. You shouldn't lose any data.

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
Hi

I did some OH solves with cs timer on my iPhone and would like to get those solves in the OH session on my computer (mac). Is that possible? How?

aybuck37

WCA
2015BUCK03
Hi

I did some OH solves with cs timer on my iPhone and would like to get those solves in the OH session on my computer (mac). Is that possible? How?
I Think there is a way to csv and xls but idk how. You can enter the times in one by one though. How many solves did you do?

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I'm not sure if this thread is still checked for feedback or anything, but I have a suggestion for the site.
I like using the time distribution to see a better breakdown of my session mean. It's nice to see which times are more common than others.
However, different distribution intervals are required for different events. For example with 3x3, I prefer a 0.5 second interval as I can see more accurate data.
(dont bully me I know I'm slow)

5914f7bc5c393afa9a14c36fa5bac3e8.png

But with an event like 6x6, the times are nowhere near as close.

9e1fbd707baf4b585b97e22219cf3d49.png

Obviously that 5:24.05 solve I have somehow is a pretty big anomaly considering I average ~3:15, but even so I have some high 3 minute solves on there and some high 2 minute solves. Having 0.5 second intervals there wouldn't help at all.

Would there be a way to have the time distribution interval be unique for each session? If not, could there be pre-defined intervals for each event in the drop-down selection?

I was interested in theming more of CSTimer than it lets you configure so I created a chrome extension. You can check it out here:

Chrome Web Store - CSTimer Makeover

Great plugin! But the scramble size changer doesn't seem to work, this is causing a bit of an overlap with the scramble and the time list for larger scramble events:

6b8c24ba2091ef3ee7f076a38670e514.png

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dang those backgroundsa are really good. Did you make those? Also what are the dimensions of it. I found cstimer is really hard to find the right size

Use desktop backgrounds. The widgets on CSTimer lie on top of the background, so you're looking for a background image that matches your screen resolution.
http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/ visit here and find your resolution, then google desktop backgrounds and find the direct image link (.png, .jpg, even .gif if you want) and copy past that into the CSTimer thing.

TheChaiCuber

WCA
2016CHAI03
I have a problem with my CStimer,

For my megaminx sessions, I'm at 884 solves and I cannot upload any solves past that. Any solve that I do past my 884th solve doesn't show on my list of times but when I delete the latest time shown (the 884th one to avoid any confusion), the solve I just did magically appears as the latest solve. So it seems like CStimer is bugging in that it'll take in my latest solve, but won't show it in the list of times. I already tried restarting my browser and computer, and it hasn't worked. Does anyone know what to do to fix this?

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
However, different distribution intervals are required for different events. For example with 3x3, I prefer a 0.5 second interval as I can see more accurate data.
(dont bully me I know I'm slow)

5914f7bc5c393afa9a14c36fa5bac3e8.png

But with an event like 6x6, the times are nowhere near as close.

9e1fbd707baf4b585b97e22219cf3d49.png

Obviously that 5:24.05 solve I have somehow is a pretty big anomaly considering I average ~3:15, but even so I have some high 3 minute solves on there and some high 2 minute solves. Having 0.5 second intervals there wouldn't help at all.

Would there be a way to have the time distribution interval be unique for each session? If not, could there be pre-defined intervals for each event in the drop-down selection?
It sounds like you are asking for something permanent, but in case you don't know how to do that at all.

Options -> Tools -> Time Distribution Precision [drop down menu]

When I switch events and need a different time interval I just change it manually.

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
It sounds like you are asking for something permanent, but in case you don't know how to do that at all.

Options -> Tools -> Time Distribution Precision [drop down menu]

When I switch events and need a different time interval I just change it manually.

I know how to change the distribution, but I want a separate distribution for each session that can be set accordingly. I know I can change it manually depending on the session, but automatic changing of it would be nice

Wannabee

So I know you guys may have heard these questions before, but I am not that good with cstimer so just some things I would like to know if possible.

1. First and foremost, I have seen in multiple videos (I couldn't find any right now, but it shouldn't be that hard) that ao500 and ao1000 show up. I don't have them, I have ao5 - 100, but not more, do you know how to set more?

2. In Chris Olson's "Best speedcubing timers he showed cstimer, but with another font than the default for the scramble. Do you know how to change that?

I hope somebody will help if possible, and sorry on my part for being a nub.