1. Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!
    Dismiss Notice

Competitors shouldn't be allowed to have a cube to warm up with

Discussion in 'WCA Regulations' started by Mastermind2368, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Mastermind2368

Mastermind2368 Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Home
    WCA:
    2015FOXC01
    YouTube:
    MASTERMIND2368
    As far as I know, I don't think anyone has. But if we put in a reg to fix it now, we won't need to deal with it.

2. Fábio De'Rose

Fábio De'Rose Member

Mar 31, 2017
    São Paulo, Brazil
    WCA:
    2016DERO04
    YouTube:
    Bigodon

Uh... But the official scrambling software already outputs an image of how the cube is supposed to look like after the scramble has been applied.

Also, I can only speak on behalf of the comps I personally attended, but in all of them the scramblers were well known, trusted members of the local cubing community (who also happen to be fast (sub 20 and below) Cubers, as to ensure a quick procedure).

Not to mention the Delegates were always present to make sure everything runs in accordance to the regulations.

All in all, most of the overly logistic "solutions" being proposed here, in my opinion, can be easily replaced with one thing only: Common sense from all involved parts.

kubnintadni and Underwatercuber like this.
  3. I don't think it has to be that restricted. I don't like too many regs, like there is in some areas of Government.

Maybe a basic course before the comp starts would be good.

4. Kit Clement

Kit Clement Premium Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Portland, OR
    WCA:
    2008CLEM01
    YouTube:
    KitClement
    Anyone who tried to cheat in this bizarre way probably wouldn't be stopped from cheating in some form. Regulations don't stop people from cheating, but actual enforcement of current regulations does. Such a change also affects cubers who try to keep themselves fresh between solves, which is not worth losing over this minor risk.

5. JustinTimeCuber

JustinTimeCuber Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Webster Groves, MO
    WCA:
    2013BARK01
    If I swap my cube with a delegate's cube, maybe I can convince the WCA Board that I'm a delegate.

6. Thomas Figura

Thomas Figura Member

Jun 6, 2017
    WCA:
    2017FIGU05
    Well, this being said, should blindfolds be tested?

7. ducttapecuber

ducttapecuber Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    NC
    WCA:
    2014SHIE03
    YouTube:
    TheDuctTapeCuber
    I see your point, but because there should be a blocker between the solver and the cube the blindfold become irrelevant.

Underwatercuber likes this.