• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ClockSim: Rubik's Clock Simulator for Windows and Mac

imvelox

WCA
2013FURL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello, I've written a new Rubik's Clock simulator which runs on both Windows and Mac (and Linux too if somebody will request it).

Download (Mac OS X)
Download (Windows)

Its features include:
  • Time/Movecount/TPS single, avg5, avg12, avg50, avg100, session mean, session average
  • Automatic saving of the session
  • Automatic saving of the PBs
  • WCA inspection (15 seconds) and WCA scrambles
  • Personalizable style and colors
  • Customizable key controls
This project is open-source, so you will find the source code too.
Read the file 'README.txt' for instructions.

I think it's worth a try, let me know if you like it or if you have any suggestion :)

Video:

Screenshots:
clocksim.png

avg.png

pbs_viewer.png

settings_colors.png

settings_controls.png

Last edited:

YTCuber

It works with wine on linux systems (tested on Ubuntu 16.04LTS).
Remove the ".000" for movecount. Put in ".123" only if needed on averages.

imvelox

WCA
2013FURL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so added BLD, "digital clock" (this one is really cool, it shows digital clocks instead of analog ones) and "no y2's" modalities, so they will be in the next release.

Rahul Tirkey

Hello, I've written a new Rubik's Clock simulator which runs on both Windows and Mac (and Linux too if somebody will request it).

Download (Mac OS X)
Download (Windows)

Its features include:
  • Time/Movecount/TPS single, avg5, avg12, avg50, avg100, session mean, session average
  • Automatic saving of the session
  • Automatic saving of the PBs
  • WCA inspection (15 seconds) and WCA scrambles
  • Personalizable style and colors
  • Customizable key controls
This project is open-source, so you will find the source code too.
Read the file 'README.txt' for instructions.

I think it's worth a try, let me know if you like it or if you have any suggestion :)

Video:

Screenshots:
Can that softwer run on android phone?

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Decided to download this since I seen the thread in case I feel like using it to practise noflip at some point, since hardware sucks and I could just get good at sim instead. I quickly realised that the sim doesn't seem to allow turns on down pins, so noflip is impossible. Any change that could be changed, or is it there already and I'm just being dumb?

U

Underwatercuber

Decided to download this since I seen the thread in case I feel like using it to practise noflip at some point, since hardware sucks and I could just get good at sim instead. I quickly realised that the sim doesn't seem to allow turns on down pins, so noflip is impossible. Any change that could be changed, or is it there already and I'm just being dumb?
No offense but no flip is kind of bad :p I would like to see this though seeing how sometimes if the cross is less than two moves I will sometime solve it on the back

ReversedPlus

Dude I love it, I have been playing with it for the last hour it's really cool!

It is awesome to see people making stuff like this :)

U

Underwatercuber

Do you have any constructive criticism to back that up? As far as I was aware, nobody had spent much time practising it yet. I figured that if I got decent on sim with it and made a better tutorial I could maybe get more people interested.
It’s just slower in my opinion since you need to use up inspection planning out the first side. Also if you slip or turn it accurately then you will need to flip it over to fix it. Overall I think it’s better to just keep the .3 seconds used to flip it. It is nice for certain scenarios but I don’t think it should be the main method. Those are my cons to it but I want to hear pros from you. Why do you think it’s better?