Block Keeper: Cross platform desktop timer

Discussion in 'Software Area' started by DalDal, Jan 17, 2017.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. DalDal

DalDal Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Adelaide
    WCA:
    2017MCNE01
    You can use any of these basic colours just by typing in their name (or hex if you would like) https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colors.asp
    There is also an in-depth colour picker here if you have a more specific colour in mind https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp
    Hope this is helpful

Malkom, that's a very interesting bug. I made a small change which should prevent this from happening in the next version (coming in a week or so). Have you seen it happen before or have any other information about when it occurred? Thanks :)

2. RedJack22

RedJack22 Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Washington State, USA
    YouTube:
    channel/UCoyoXoGM
    Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

DalDal likes this.
  3. Micah Walker

Micah Walker Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Ohio
    WCA:
    2015WALK03
  4. Malkom

Malkom Member

May 22, 2016
    Sweden
    WCA:
    2016ANDE17
    YouTube:
    channel/UCSCZ2BsupnT5FoxOMNOf_kQ
    It has happen two or three times, the other times it were megaminx solves that was 38s instead of the 55s they really were. I have no clue why it happen, I always have chrome, blockkeeper, spotify and a few messenger programs running so I don't think thats the reason it went slow.

5. Mano

Mano Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Geneva, Switzerland
    WCA:
    2016SEGR01
    YouTube:
    Mano Speedcubing
    The time is always displayed in seconds, when doing 5x5 solves I always have to convert the time in min, is there a way to change that ?

EDIT : Oops I didn't see the option format time, fixed :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 11:04 AM
    DalDal likes this.
  6. Elo13

Elo13 Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Finland
    WCA:
    2016ELOV01
    YouTube:
    channel/UCFY939N6ZecRQj3haJAA5Pg
    I found out today that for bigger averages Block Keeper removes only the best and the worst solve. I think usually the top and bottom 5% are removed, so could you change that for ao50 and ao100? Also, it would be nice to see standard deviations for all the different averages, not just the session.

I have a white background and black base. If I put the scramble color to black, when hovering over a time in the list the scramble there is also black and I can't see it. Could I have the option to set colors for the current scramble and the scramble for a time separately?

DalDal likes this.
  7. Mano

Mano Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Geneva, Switzerland
    WCA:
    2016SEGR01
    YouTube:
    Mano Speedcubing
    Is it possible to ad an calculation of average of 1000 ?

DalDal likes this.
  8. DalDal

DalDal Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Adelaide
    WCA:
    2017MCNE01
    Block Keeper 1.2 has been released. It focuses on improving the tool system and adding many suggestions throughout
    https://dallasmcneil.com/projects/blockkeeper/
    • Multiple tool support
    • Added metronome tool
    • Higher resolution tools for higher definition displays
    • Option to video record inspections and just after solve
    • Option to toggle scrambles in time lists
    • Option to include a scramble while manually adding times
    • Small menu improvements
    • Event statatistics tool bug fixes
    • Various bug fixes
    I have finished university for the year and have much more time to work on Block Keeper in the next 3 months. I hope to release updates much more frequently in this time. As usual, if you have suggestions, let me know.

Malkom: I hope this update fixes the issue for you, please let me know if it is still inaccurate

Elo13: Excellent point, it should remove the top/bottom 5% for averages above 12, my bad. I will change the scrambles in the menu to be the text colour as well. I'll look into standard deviations for each average and maybe a running mean menu as well.

Elo13 likes this.
  9. Aerma

Aerma Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Right here
    For averages of 12 you just remove the fastest time and slowest time, not the top and bottom 5%. For averages of 50+, you would use the 5% I think

DalDal likes this.