• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Block Keeper: Cross platform desktop timer

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Also, would it be possible to Show the time of a dnf in the time list on the left?
If a smaller font is used, then it also would fit in the table. (I have been doing a lot of blind recently and it is a bit weird if I have so many dnfs in my session and i do not know what the time was to see my Progress)

I don't want to change the font size in the table because it becomes inconsistent. Sorry it is inconvenient for blind. On a positive note, it does show your success rate. I would consider showing the time and penalty (DNF(xx.xx)) in a times list

Elf

WCA
2013FISC01
Ok, that's understandable :)
But would it be possible to Show the time when hovering over the dnf with the mouse? That would be a compromise :)

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Your program is legit retardedView attachment 8766
ouch.
In the entire year of use, development and testing, I have never encountered any issues with the timer being inaccurate or running slow. I cannot see a way that the timer could be negative. It stores the time when the solve starts and stores the time when the timer finishes and finds the difference. Did anything happen before or during the solve? Is anything running in the background that could effect it? Is Block Keeper lagging or running slow? Sorry for so many questions but these details are really helpful.
Also try using the latest version, it could have been fixed in that. Thanks.

M

Malkom

ouch.
In the entire year of use, development and testing, I have never encountered any issues with the timer being inaccurate or running slow. I cannot see a way that the timer could be negative. It stores the time when the solve starts and stores the time when the timer finishes and finds the difference. Did anything happen before or during the solve? Is anything running in the background that could effect it? Is Block Keeper lagging or running slow? Sorry for so many questions but these details are really helpful.
Also try using the latest version, it could have been fixed in that. Thanks.
Im pretty sure I use the latest version, the only other programs running were chrome and spotify. Nothing weird happened during solve nor was the program running slow.

E: apparently i was using an older version, hope the newer version isn't broken

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Malkom

A megaminx solve that felt pretty average is a 35 according to block keeper, I really like the timer but things like this cant happened, definitely not twice the same day.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
A megaminx solve that felt pretty average is a 35 according to block keeper, I really like the timer but things like this cant happened, definitely not twice the same day.
Definitely, but I just have never seen it happen before and from what I have heard, nobody else has had the same issue. I'll continue to look for the problem.

M

Malkom

Is there a fast way to import one session into another session(both from block keeper and other timers)?

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Is there a fast way to import one session into another session(both from block keeper and other timers)?
Currently not from within Block Keeper. If it is from csTimer, you can import it to the event you want. I think a transfer option for sessions would be a good addition.

ubercorb77

I'm noticing that the scrambles are quite easier than those on csTimer. Would you think that this is coincidence or do you not have a WCA scrambler? (not the official of course, but just like csTimer) If not, it would be nice to see this added. :)

EDIT: Other than that, this timer is looking awesome. Especially with the automatic recording feature!

Last edited:

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
I'm noticing that the scrambles are quite easier than those on csTimer. Would you think that this is coincidence or do you not have a WCA scrambler? (not the official of course, but just like csTimer) If not, it would be nice to see this added. :)

EDIT: Other than that, this timer is looking awesome. Especially with the automatic recording feature!

Thanks!
By easier do you mean they appear shorter (less moves) or appear simpler to solve? They should be similar to csTimer and WCA standards, however, I cannot confirm if the algorithm used to generate them is identical. As far as I know, it is a similar approach and should be fine. Keeping in mind any state of a 3x3x3 can be reached in 20 moves or less and having more moves than that is not necessarily an indicator the puzzle is more scrambled.

ubercorb77

I mean that they seem easier to solve. I tend to get a lot more easy crosses than on csTimer. From your reply, I can think that this is probably just lots of luck (I've only done <100 solves on the timer)

Oh, and one more thing. When I save my videos, it doesn't save as a video file.

Thanks!
By easier do you mean they appear shorter (less moves) or appear simpler to solve? They should be similar to csTimer and WCA standards, however, I cannot confirm if the algorithm used to generate them is identical. As far as I know, it is a similar approach and should be fine. Keeping in mind any state of a 3x3x3 can be reached in 20 moves or less and having more moves than that is not necessarily an indicator the puzzle is more scrambled.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
It saves as a .webm file. It's a web video format and you can view them in Google Chrome. It's a lot of work (for a computer) to convert .webm files to .mp4 files which would take some time to setup (more delay when starting the timer) and more time to save. The file size of the application to download and store would also be much bigger. I would like to experiment with this, but it has a few drawbacks, unless I find a workaround.

M

Mano

I have a bug, when I'm trying to see the times/scrambles for my best single/mo3 etc. It only shows me the current one, not the best

cubing4nz

Would it be possible to put something behind the scramble text, so that you can see the text without your background interfering. Like how cstimer makes a box around the scramble.
Maybe also having the scramble on the bottom could help too.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Would it be possible to put something behind the scramble text, so that you can see the text without your background interfering. Like how cstimer makes a box around the scramble.
Maybe also having the scramble on the bottom could help too.
Try using the custom interface theme option to set the scramble to a more recognisable colour if it isn't working with your background. I do not plan to add a background because it clutters up the interface more, and sometimes a scramble isn't always there.

ubercorb77

How do you start inspection with a stackmat? I know on csTimer you just tap at least one of the sensors.

DalDal

WCA
2017MCNE01
Block Keeper 1.3.1 has been released with some important bug fixes and general improvements.
https://dallasmcneil.com/projects/blockkeeper/
  • Added option to clear session
  • Added more information to record details menu
  • Adjusted record list scrolling down and header fixed at top
  • Fixed best lists
  • Fixed 3x3x3 BLD scrambles to have equiprobable rotation
  • Fixed times not rounding down when displayed
Many feature requests have not been added yet but are recorded here which I hope to add at some point.