• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best spring swap mods

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
I have my Hualong with CX3 soft springs. My Hualong at first was pretty terrible and this makes it decent. My Hualong springs are in my Aolong now, I think it makes it a bit faster.

sfxplayer

qiyi thunderclap + maru cx3 soft springs = A very loud but very fast almost uncontrollable cube but if corner twists are common for you on this cube without this mod the will be greatly exaggerated

bluesk1

I have my Hualong with CX3 soft springs. My Hualong at first was pretty terrible and this makes it decent. My Hualong springs are in my Aolong now, I think it makes it a bit faster.

How do the CX3 soft springs make it better?
(just wondering)

NooberCuber

Has anyone tried Yuxin 3x3 springs in the Mini Aosu?
I was swapping the springs in my Yuxin for Maru Soft Springs today.
I noticed the Yuxin 3x3 springs were a lot longer than the Maru springs.
When I compared it to a stock Aosu spring the Yuxin spring is even longer than the Aosu spring
but not by much.
The Yuxin spring is much much more soft than the Aosu springs.
So I am going to try putting them into my Mini Aosu when I get the time.

I have Weisu Soft Springs in my mini alsu now but while it is fast I get internal lockups.

I've just been wondering if anyone else has tried this

Phaint

Has anyone tried Yuxin 3x3 springs in the Mini Aosu?
I was swapping the springs in my Yuxin for Maru Soft Springs today.
I noticed the Yuxin 3x3 springs were a lot longer than the Maru springs.
When I compared it to a stock Aosu spring the Yuxin spring is even longer than the Aosu spring
but not by much.
The Yuxin spring is much much more soft than the Aosu springs.
So I am going to try putting them into my Mini Aosu when I get the time.

I have Weisu Soft Springs in my mini alsu now but while it is fast I get internal lockups.

I've just been wondering if anyone else has tried this

I put Dayan springs in mine and it works great like that. I also put an extra set of washers in because they were a little too short.

Darja

WCA
2014MAKU02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Both mini 7x7 SS and Aoshi spring swaps with Dayan worked out pretty good for me. The 7x7 was a suggestion from a friend and a pretty well known spring swap so I wasn't surprised. The Aoshi spring swap saved the cube for me. It was so bad I almost ordered a SS. It stopped the popping and slowness for me, as much as I suck at tensioning.

Aysha

WCA
2017JAMS01
I swapped the original TangLong springs with Maru soft springs: the cube is faster now and you don't need to exert as much force when turning it.

fiftyniner

Was disappointed with my hualong and aolong (V2 enhanced). Loose, its nice but pops occasionally.

As I was successful with modding the yuxin spring (shorten the spring a bit), I thought I might as well mess with these 2 moyu's, rather than leaving them idling in the cabinet.

Snipped a layer off each spring: both cubes retain their distinctive feel and the corner cutting abilities. However, it is now faster, looser (turn softer) and without pops...

Caveat: only for those who likes fast (or faster) cubes.

Like they say for mobile phone modded roms: "I am not responsible if you brick you cubes"
:D