• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best cheap 3x3 to give away?

deadcat

Because relatives and friends who have cubes that require wrist turning make me want to cry.

deadcat

How cheap do you mean?
The FangYuan is good and fairly cheap, but I'm not sure if $10 is too high.
Yeah more like up to $5. MF3 looks like a good candidate.
Well, not every cube shop cube is good enough, right? Like I wouldn't want a cube that keeps popping every second.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, not every cube shop cube is good enough, right? Like I wouldn't want a cube that keeps popping every second.
I gave a friend one of my qiyi sails. The cube is pretty good, and only $4.
After a ~month though, he said the corner stock snapped and he had to glue it back on.
I haven't had any serious problems with pops on my other sails, and no pieces have broke on me. I probably use it less than him as I only use them for mbld.

Reactions: Dom

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So far my favorite inexpensive cube to give away is the QiYi Sail. It doesn't have any washers, but it doesn't seem to need them as long as you lube the springs with a heavy lube. I recommend getting a bunch of sails and lubing them up. I always keep one in the car in case I see someone who needs a cube.

DELToS

So far my favorite inexpensive cube to give away is the QiYi Sail. It doesn't have any washers, but it doesn't seem to need them as long as you lube the springs with a heavy lube. I recommend getting a bunch of Sails and lubing them up. I always keep one in the car in case I see someone who needs a cube.
On my birthday last year I bought a QiYi Sail for everybody at my school (~40 people at the time) and I lubed the pieces of each one individually with weight 3 cubicle lube.

Silverback

Whatever cube you choose, I would suggest to get a stickerless one for two reasons:
1. People who can't solve the cube, sometimes peel off the stickers.
2. If the stickers chip, they might put it away, instead of buying new stickers.

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yuxin Fire
I recommend Yuxin Water. The water came out after the fire and people like it. I have a bunch of Waters and they're pretty good for 4 bucks.

Whatever cube you choose, I would suggest to get a stickerless one for two reasons:
1. People who can't solve the cube, sometimes peel off the stickers.
2. If the stickers chip, they might put it away, instead of buying new stickers.
Most budget cubes dont come in stickerless. Also, if they are legitimately interested in Cubing, they're not going to peel the stickers off. And if they have the cube long enough for the stickers to chip, then they'll probably buy their own cubes by then. And buying replacement stickers would cost nearly the same as a whole new cube. However, if you're buying for someone who might not like Cubing, yeah go for stickerless and then ask that if they don't like Cubing, to just give it back when they're done.

Silverback

Most budget cubes dont come in stickerless.
Guanlong? Fire?
I recently bought two cubes to give away. A Fire for a boy and a FanXin for a girl (I wanted a cube with pink instead of red and the Guanlong was sold out at that moment).

Reactions: Dom

Cubister

If you have the time and want to save some money, check the import regulations for your country to see if it's worth to order from china.

Prices when delivered to germany:
4xQiyi Thunderclap V1 for $4.6/piece from Zcube(discount code zcube)
4xQiyi Warrior $2.53/piece from Zcube(discount code zcube)
4x Kungfu/YuMo QingHong $4.19/piece from Fasttech
4x Shengshou Fangyuan $6/piece from Cubezz

And of course a Guanlong or Sail could also be an option. Qiyi just announced this new budget cube for release on 6. Dezember. It might be worth to wait a little, who knows.

Last edited:

deadcat

The point about stickerless is pretty good, are there cubes around this price range that come in stickerless, in addition to the guanlong? And preferably not in pink, heh.