• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Ben Whitmore - Sub-10 with 20 Methods

efattah

Some great solves in the video, congratulations!
As a side note (as with many of these 'sub x with x methods'), I would call it sub-10 with 20 variants. I see only two methods, layer by layer (of which CFOP, LBL, ZZ, etc. are all variants), and Roux (of which there are variants). A true sub-x with x methods video would be some combination of LBL, Roux, Corners first, Columns first, belt method, and/or other unique methods.

CLL Smooth

WCA
2012LOET01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Some great solves in the video, congratulations!
As a side note (as with many of these 'sub x with x methods'), I would call it sub-10 with 20 variants. I see only two methods, layer by layer (of which CFOP, LBL, ZZ, etc. are all variants), and Roux (of which there are variants). A true sub-x with x methods video would be some combination of LBL, Roux, Corners first, Columns first, belt method, and/or other unique methods.
I agree with some of this. When I do things like OLLCP/EPLL I could call it CFOP or CFCE so I don't feel the need to differentiate which "method" it is I'm using. Also if I get a tripod case that I know I wouldn't say that I used the tripod method. But if someone like Ben actually builds the tripod before he finishes F2L I see it as a clear departure from the traditional LBL approach. I'd also say that ZZ and MGLS both stand out to me as different.
Nice to see Ben still cubing.