• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Are there any algorithms apps for IOS?

patrickcuber

on amozon app store I got an app called cube algorithms and more. It has algorithms for 3x3-6x6, a timer, cubes for sale, records, and videos.
It was also free.

Me

WCA
2006WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
what you mean? can you send me a link?

If it's on the Amazon store it won't be for iOS.

Badmephisto's app is probably your best bet (yes it's 99¢, but what else can you buy for that price these days anyway, seriously, it's only a penny short of a dollar)

Alternatively you could use Opera Mini which caches pages and then load up a bunch of alg pages from other websites.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 19792

For Android, there is one called Algo Database. I learned most of my PLLs from there while on the go.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Serious question: Doesn't algdb.net work for now?

I'm currently developing a mobile app version (cross-platform) as a read-only version, but does that work for now?

Developing an app for that that has the functionality of the site would be amazing :O

Basically like if you could view the algs and sign in to add new ones.

Just an idea, feel free to do what you feel is best :)

CubePhysics

The official Rubiks app has a solver but it doesn't output a plain text of algorithms. also isn't free.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
The official Rubiks app has a solver but it doesn't output a plain text of algorithms. also isn't free.

So doesn't really satisfy the OP's request for a free alg app, as it's not free and not an alg app.

Doesn't Badmephisto have an iOS app? I know it has no alternative algs for OLL/PLL, but it's a start, eh?

I find printing stuff out on scraps of paper, which I find in coat pockets months later, is the best way of learning algs on the go!!! :p

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
So doesn't really satisfy the OP's request for a free alg app, as it's not free and not an alg app.

Doesn't Badmephisto have an iOS app? I know it has no alternative algs for OLL/PLL, but it's a start, eh?

I find printing stuff out on scraps of paper, which I find in coat pockets months later, is the best way of learning algs on the go!!! :p

He does. I used it to finish most of OLL, although some of his algs have been replaced with way better ones.

The fastest way for me to learn algs, I found, is to take a screenshot of the diagram and alg on my phone. (I learned 4LLL like this)
Then I would go dig through my pictures and find the alg when I got the case. Then, my natural laziness takes over. Not wanting to dig through every picture I've ever taken, the alg just magically sticks :)

I learned full PLL like this too. Took about 2-3 days.

CubingCube

If it's on the Amazon store it won't be for iOS.

Badmephisto's app is probably your best bet (yes it's 99¢, but what else can you buy for that price these days anyway, seriously, it's only a penny short of a dollar)

Alternatively you could use Opera Mini which caches pages and then load up a bunch of alg pages from other websites.
Hehe, Here's me replying to a post that's 4 years old:
Badmephisto is now free :)