• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Am I Competition Ready?

Alphaugust

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so, I started cubing 2 months ago. I average 28 and I could probably decrease that by a few seconds in about a week. I was just wondering when is a good time to start going to competitions. There aren't any in my area but some are close to the border in the US (I live in Canada so...). Is it too early for me to go to competition? Or should I maybe try it out? I know I wouldn't get first but I don't think (from what I've seen on YouTube) I would get last. Also my averages are...

2x2 - 8
3x3 - 28
4x4 - 2:30
Pyra - 16
Mega - (Getting one tomorrow)

turtwig

If you want to and can go, speed shouldn't be a big factor. If there's a comp close to you, you should definitely go.

Storm

Woodstock, Georgia, U.S.A., Earth, Space, etc.
WCA
2016BUSH01
Ok so, I started cubing 2 months ago. I average 28 and I could probably decrease that by a few seconds in about a week. I was just wondering when is a good time to start going to competitions. There aren't any in my area but some are close to the border in the US (I live in Canada so...). Is it too early for me to go to competition? Or should I maybe try it out? I know I wouldn't get first but I don't think (from what I've seen on YouTube) I would get last. Also my averages are...

2x2 - 8
3x3 - 28
4x4 - 2:30
Pyra - 16
Mega - (Getting one tomorrow)

My averages are still worse than yours (2016BUSH01 is my WCA ID for proof) and I've gone to 3 comps, and am signed up for 2 more. I don't go to win, I go to meet other people as interested in cubing as I am. Just go and have fun! And you definitely won't get last with those averages.

Umm Roux?

Is there a time where going to people should start going to comps, maybe to practice getting rid of in-comp nerves or something? So in other words, what is the fastest time one should start going to comps?

I am 12 years old and I usely average under 50 seconds on a 3x3, I have been cubing for a little over 6 weeks and really want to enter a competition to meet other cubers as I know none because my friends aren't cubers, I do what I can of cfop method and try my best but didn't know whether I would embarrass myself with my slow times or not at a competition. Please help

Reactions: Dom